In the second part of our four-part series, you’ll be learning how to make your own special blend of bath salts. This bath salts recipe is used in its purest, most natural form and consists of minerals and nutrients with amazing healing properties. It is quick and easy to prepare but best of all, it is also inexpensive! If you have family and friends who enjoy spending time in the tub, then these bath salts are the perfect birthday, Christmas or thank you gift.
Benefits of bath salts for the body and skin
Besides looking and smelling great, bath salts carry many health benefits for the mind, body and spirit.
• Bath salts contain beneficial minerals such as magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium which cleanses and purifies the skin
• Helps to detoxify the skin thereby drawing out impurities and toxins
• Reduces muscle aches, fatigue and improves sleep
• Improves circulation, and speeds up wound healing
• Relaxes, calms and rejuvenates while releases tension and stress
Basic Bath salts recipe
• 3 cups Epsom salts
• 1 cup Baking soda
• 2 cups Sea salt or Himalayan salt
• 15 ml Essential oils (add your favourite scent or create a special blend of lavender and peppermint, lemon and rosemary)
• Glass or metal bowl to mix the ingredients in
• A spoon or whisk
• A mason jar or airtight container to put the bath salts in
Measure out the Epsom salts, baking soda and sea salt and mix them well together in a bowl. When mixing, be sure to break up any clumps that you find. Add the essential oil of your choice. Don’t add in more than the recommended amount of essential oil or else the salt will clump.
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and scoop into mason jars or other decorative air-tight containers.
Feelgood Health’s range of aromatherapy bath salts
Feelgood Health carries a fabulous range of aromatherapy bath salts to make your bathing experience even more blissful.
• Meditate Me Bath Crystals contains Niaouli, Grapefruit and Litsea cubeba and creates a bath time atmosphere of mental clarity, peace and calm.
• For sore, tired muscles and aches and pains caused by sports injuries, our Sports Soak Bath Crystals will have you feeling better in no time at all. This is the perfect solution for sportsmen who need to loosen tight muscles, improve their circulation or want to speed up healing.
Visit the Feelgood Health store at 15A Westlake Lifestyle Centre, Westlake Business Park, Cape Town - call 021 797 0193 to try these gorgeous bath salts or order online from our website.
HAVE A QUESTION related to your health?
Email us, FREE of charge for advice, click here -
Products in this Article
Meditate Me Bath CrystalsMeditate Me Aromatherapy Bath Crystals for relaxation and meditation
Sports Soak Aromatherapy CrystalsSports Soak Aromatherapy bath crystals to help soothe muscles, strains and sports injuries and promote healing