Dermoscent PyoClean Oto - Natural Ear Cleanser for Pets
Efficient safe and natural ear cleanser for dogs and cats
- Use during ear infections or as a weekly preventative cleanser
- Unique mono-dose prevents cross infection
- Soothes and cleans the ear and complements treatment with Ear Dr
- Available in 5ML SINGLES or in a BOX OF TEN
Ear infections in dogs and cats
Ear infections are very common and can cause severe irritation and discomfort for your beloved pet. The normal flora of the ear canal (the natural bacteria and yeast that lives in the ear) requires a balanced environment for optimal functioning. Any disturbance to this environment, such as inadequate ventilation due to floppy, hairy ears or inflammation of the ear canal due to dietary intolerances or allergies, upsets this balance and an overpopulation of the bacteria and yeasts naturally resident in the ear canal results. The ear reacts by secreting more wax which further compounds the problem and thus begins the cycle of ear infections.
Common signs of ear infection are:
- Shaking of the head and ears
- Scratching or rubbing the ears and face
- Discharge or even bleeding from the ears
- Foul smell coming from the ears
- Sensitivity to touching in the ear area
- General irritability
- Head tilt
There are a number of causes of ear infection and common culprits include overgrowth of bacteria, yeasts and mites. Less commonly, allergies may have a role to play in inflammation and subsequent infection of the ears. The ears are an extension of the skin and pets with skin complaints such as skin allergies and other hypersensitivities often suffer from ear infections too. An odd phenomena is that dogs with blocked anal glands often have ear problems too, so a possible link from one end of your dog to the other!!
As ear infections are so often treated with antibiotics, chronic and recurrent ear infections are a growing problem and usually occur with decreased immune functioning - a frequent side-effect of antibiotic drugs. In addition, bacteria become resistant to antibiotics, meaning that conventional treatment may become less effective over time.
Natural remedies can treat and prevent infections of the ear without any of the side-effects and adverse effects on immune functioning that antibiotics have.
How can PyoClean OTO help?
We recommend PyoClean OTO to cleanse and soothe your dog or cat's ears before administering treatment with Ear Dr. PyoClean OTO can also be used alone as an ear cleanser a few times a month as a preventative against repeated ear infections.
PyoClean OTO is available as individual 5 ml applications or in a box of 10.
What are the ingredients?
PyoClean OTO contains the following natural ingredients: PhytoC-2, Propolis, Red myrtle essentail oil, Lipo-amino acids.
How to use
Instill the entire contents into the ear canal, massage the ear canal from the ear base towards the orifice. Use 1 x 5 ml mono-dose per ear. After cleansing, Ear Dr can be applied if needed.
Alternatively, PyoClean OTO can be used alone weekly to keep your dog or cat's ears clean. This is especially helpful for pets whose ears tend to become dirty or those who are prone to yeast infections of the ears.
Some helpful tips for pet ear care
- Ear infections in dogs and cats may occur as an isolated problem but are very often associated with general skin disorders. Certainly a grass seed in the ear or a case of ear mites will be localized to the ears but more often than not, with chronic ear conditions there is another, often less obvious cause.
- By adopting a holistic approach to your pet’s health and examining all factors that influence your pet’s well-being a happy, healthy pet will result.
- Ear infections are often triggered by allergic reactions either to something in your pet’s diet or something, such as pollen, within the environment. Ear disease as an extension of generalised skin disease is a challenging treatment. By identifying the triggers of ear infections (such as an intolerance to a preservative or colourant in the diet or an allergy to wheat or maize) you will be one step closer to owning a pet with happy healthy ears!
- Today’s rushed, overprocessed lifestyle puts strain on our pet’s immune systems and predisposes them to developing allergies and succumbing to infections
- By feeding a diet free of colourants and preservatives and one that approximates the diet that they would eat in the wild you are less likely to have a pet that suffers from dietary intolerances. Try Vondi's Natural Cooked Food or Doggobone Active Raw Food - both available from the Feelgood Health shop in Westlake, Cape Town (phone 021 7970193)
- Add Skin and Coat Tonic to your pet’s ear treatment program for optimal healing. The environment of the ears is part of your pet's skin. A glossy coat will be an added benefit.
- A last note: Do not be tempted to stick ear buds or anything similar in your pet’s ears, you will only do damage.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Please consult your veterinarian if symptoms persist.