Bolognese Sauce | Bio Italia
Bio Italia Certified Organic Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce (350g) is meat-free for authentic Italian flavour from the shores of Italy. Absolutely delicious on pasta and as a tomato base on pizza - or use anywhere your culinary imagination takes you!
- Delicious meat-free authentic vegetarian Bolognese sauce (making it a great choice for vegans)
- Made with decadently naturally sweet, rich Italian crushed tomatoes, onion, carrot and celery (authentic soffritto)
- Layered flavour - perfect to pair with any pasta dish or as a base for pizza toppings, stews or soups, or as a dip for savoury pies
- Rich in sources of folate, vitamin C, and potassium and low fat
- Contains no sugar, no soya, no GMOs, 100% vegan
Did you know? 'Soffritto' is an Italian word to describe the specific mixture of lightly fried onions and garlic, usually with carrots and celery, used as a base for soups and stews.
Chopped tomatoes* (86.5%), extra virgin olive oil*, onion* (3.85%), carrot* (3.85%), celery* (2%), salt.
How to use
Add to cooked pasta, use as a base for pizza toppings, use as a dip for savoury pies or as a base for stews and soups.
Note: Store in a cool place, far from light and heat sources. Refrigerate after opening and consume within 3 days.
Tip: To elevate your cooking to a standard that an Italian would give you a chef's kiss, add thyme, oregano or marjoram (fresh herbs) and stir into the sauce just before serving!
Why we love Bio Italia
If you don't have the pleasure of an Italian mama's cooking, Bio Italia brings the taste of Italy to your table! We absolutely love the simplicity of this range of authentic Italian pasta, soups, sauces, canned beans and tomatoes that are organic and GMO-free. Best of all, Bio Italia soups, sauces and beans are precooked and ready to use - Bellissimo!
This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.