Certified Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar (Sustainable)
Organic Unrefined Coconut Blossom Sugar
- Obtained from the flowers of the coconut tree
- Excellent alternative and substitute for cane sugar
- Delicious toffee flavour - can be substituted for brown sugar in any recipe
- Low GI, low in fructose and one of the most sustainable sugars in the world!
- Contains phyto-nutients and inulin - a prebiotic that is beneficial for good gut bacteria
- Also contains high levels of potassium which aids in heart and brain health, fluid balance and muscle function within the body.
- Certified organic
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly
- Recyclable container to reduce YOUR carbon footprint
What is Coconut Blossom Sugar?
Coconut blossom sugar is extracted from the nectar of the coconut palm blossom. This is done by farmers who climb to the top of the trees and make an incision in the stalk of the coconut flower. The sap runs from the blossom and is usually collected in the early mornings. Moisture is then evaporated from the nectar and the result is a natural unprocessed sugar that has been used in South-East Asia for hundreds of years.
SUSTAINABLE: Believed to be one of the most sustainable sweeteners in the world coconut trees grow in diverse environments that benefit the ecosystem. Once tapped the coconut tree will provide sap for up to 20 years and they supply 50- 75% more sugar per acre, than cane sugar, while requiring less water and nutrients from the soil to grow.
Coconut trees are often referred to as 'The tree of life' and are renowned for their ability to produce food, drink, medicine, shelter and clothes. Unlike white table sugar, Coconut Blossom Sugar is said to contain some trace nutrients like vitamin C, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron and copper, as well as phytonutrients and inulin, a prebiotic that is beneficial for good gut bacteria.
Although more studies need to be done on the benefits of coconut sugar, one study has noted that it has a lower glycemic index than most sweeteners, stating that it has a GI rating of 35. Coconut sugar is also said to be lower in fructose than Agave and have high levels of potassium which aids in heart and brain health, while also maintaining fluid balance and muscle function within the body.
Disclaimer: This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness.