Chana Dhal | Earth Products
Get ready for the champion of legumes! Earth Products Chana Dhal (500g) also known as split chickpeas, is one of the healthiest, most delicious superfoods - a wonderful vegetarian and vegan protein packed with flavour and marvelously easy to prepare. Use in a variety of dishes to wow your family or guests!
- Delicious de-husked and split chickpeas (Chana Dal) that cooks faster and is more easily digestible
- Tasty protein-rich vegetarian and vegan food with an earthy creaminess for a simple yet deeply comforting taste
- Use as a fragrant tempering for healthy curries, stews, and savoury salads (a great meat substitute)
- Contains a good amount of low-fat protein, dietary fibre, potassium, manganese, magnesium, calcium, iron, folate and several vitamins
- Helps to boost immunity and improve skin health, while also helping to support cholesterol levels and reducing the risk of heart disease
Did you know? In medieval India, chana dal featured in the royal menu. In fact, serving any other dal except chana dal to the Emperor was considered a suicidal move by the royal cooks!
100% Chana Dal (Bengal gram - also known as split chickpea)
How to use
Bring water and 1 tablespoon of oil to a boil over high heat in a deep saucepan. Add dal. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until dal is very soft. Add to soups, curries and stews, or enjoy with spices herbs and salads.
Tip: Try using Dal to make a delicious dal soup. Simmer dal with vegetable stock or broth, leafy greens, veggies and various exotic herbs and spices to make a satiating dish!
Why we love Earth Products
Earth Products hold rapport with our environment, and as a company they strive to leave the earth 'better than before'. Earth Products partner with many of the natural local farmers - for the best ingredients. We love that Earth Products were among the first to opt out of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and irradiated spices and have not included either since the early to mid 90's. Look no further for the most natural foods and items you can lay your hands on!
Disclaimer: This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness.