Earth Tribe Jugo Beans
Powerhouse Savoury Legumes (1 kg)!
- Also known as Bambara groundnuts, packed with protein, fibre, B vitamins, irons and potassium, and low in fat.
- Highly underrated and superior to other beans and legumes
- Powerful natural savoury flavour with a hint of sweetness - all you need to add is salt to enjoy
- Rich in phytochemicals to help lower the risk of heart disease and cancer
- A rich source of soluble fibre and saponins - phytochemicals that help lower unhealthy cholesterol levels in your bloodstream
- Low GI - When consumed, they slow down the release of sugar to give you a steady supply of (glucose) energy
- Locally produced to reduce YOUR carbon footprint!
100% Jugo beans
How to use
- To cook, first wash and submerge well with fresh water to soak overnight. Before cooking, drain well and rinse again. For every 1 cup of beans, add 2 cups of water or more – as they cook, they make a thick, soupy brown sauce that can be used in soups and stews for a savoury burst of flavour. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat to simmer – covered – for around 1 to 1 ½ hours. Only add salt at the very end, as salt tends to harden beans while they are cooking.
- Eat plain as a snack, or add to rice for a pilaf, or roast in the oven, or add to your favourite tomato sauce for a delicious protein boost!
Why we love Earth Tribe
Earth Tribe is a unique ethical business, bringing traditional organic African superfoods and the continent’s best beauty and body products to the conscious South African consumer
Earth Tribe strives to create a conscious living tribe, a place where the conscious consumer and the ethical supplier meet. By sourcing the best in socially and environmentally responsible and sustainable 100% African goods, EarthTribe is starting at home, empowering African farmers by their commitment to raising the standards.
Disclaimer: This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness.