JuniorSlim - Effective herbal slimming drops for children & pre-teens (Buy 3 Get 1 FREE)
For customers outside South Africa, please CLICK HERE for International Shipping
Healthy weight loss for children with Herbal Slimming Drops
- Prevents weight gain in children
- Promotes weight loss while maintaining normal growth and development
- Maintains a healthy digestive system
- Promotes healthy metabolism in children
- Supports optimum functioning of the liver, kidneys and spleen
- Promotes overall systemic health in growing children
- *Buy 3 Get 1 Free* Special Offer available for this product!
Help your child maintain a healthy weight - without hindering growth!
Age-related chubbiness is sometimes carried over from a child’s toddler years. This is normal, and can be as a result of genetics (mom or dad may also be inclined to have a fuller figure), or it could be as a result of bad eating habits as a teeny tot. These days, children are also inclined to spend more time in front of the TV and less time outdoors, which means that they have less exercise. As a result, some children and preteens may find that they are rounder and more padded than their peers. Overweight children may be teased at school, or find it difficult to take part in sport and other activities. It has also been found that children who do not maintain a healthy body weight may be more at risk for developing health problems.
As important as it is to maintain a healthy weight, it is also important that a young, growing body is supported nutritionally to promote growth of bones, muscle and brain cells. The pre-pubescent body also needs balance to gain the systemic strength needed for the transition into puberty and the teenage years. This means that crash diets or overly restricted claories are not ideal for children.
While a child’s waistline may or may not become an issue, being healthy and developing normally for their age is priority. Becoming healthy and ensuring that the body is supported in carrying out its normal duties in various parts of the body, such as the digestive system and stomach, will mean the best chance of stabilizing weight and maintaining it!
The natural way
Naturopaths have long recognised that a holistic approach is important in order to support overall health, especially when it comes to children and their developing bodies!
The best way for a child to maintain healthy weight is to follow a healthy eating plan that contains every food group. If your child is lactose intolerant or has a gluten allergy, speak to a dietician about a tailor made program. Try not to make weight an issue with your child – this can lead to issues with food later on in life. Rather lead by example – eat healthy foods and encourage outdoor family activities that everyone can enjoy. This will not only help to burn off calories, but also give your child an immunity boost and vital vitamin D from natural sunlight. Make a few changes to your child’s diet - ensure your child eats smaller portions of food (mini meals) more frequently – pack healthy snacks in lunchboxes – and make it fun: cut fruit and veg into interesting shapes, include a loving note. Encourage your child to drink water and avoid giving him or her fizzy sugary drinks which are laden in empty calories!
How can JuniorSlim help?
Children of today's world face significant challenges in maintaining healthy body mass. Processed foods and a sedentary lifestyle in front of a TV or computer monitor have resulted in an increase in overweight and obese children. Children who are overweight also have self esteem, social and emotional problems and can struggle to keep up with their peers. Excess weight in childhood also predisposes children to obesity in adulthood and many conditions previously associated with obese adults (e.g. diabetes) are now becoming more and more common in children. (see below for more information on childhood obesity and weightloss).
JuniorSlim is a complex herbal remedy especially developed by a qualified Clinical Psychologist to address the emotional as well as the physiological causes of overeating and weight gain in children.
Presented in a convenient liquid tincture form, JuniorSlim is a 100% safe and effective natural remedy to assist with healthy weight-loss in children and preteens. JuniorSlim is formulated to maintain healthy digestive functioning and also acts as a tonic for the liver, kidneys and spleen. Combined with a healthy lifestyle and diet, Junior Slim will help children to loose weight safely and also prevent weight gain without compromising healthy growth in children and preteens.
Like all Feelgood Health products, JuniorSlim is developed with care by our practising Clinical Psychologist, is 100% natural and manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Individual ingredients are well-researched and have been specially chosen for their high safety profile in childrens’ remedies.
JuniorSlim contains the following all-natural herbal ingredients in therapeutic dosage:
- Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel) has been used since ancient times as an appetite suppressant and was traditionally used to prevent 'growling stomachs' during church services. Fennel also promotes the functioning of the liver, kidneys and spleen. The health of these body organs is essential for the breakdown of dietary fat and the elimination of waste products from the body.
- Mentha piperita is a herb from the mint family and has been used for many hundreds of years for improving digestion. It relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract and stimulates the flow of natural digestive juices and bile, thereby assisting healthy digestion.
- Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) is found in many parts of the world and contains bitter principles which have a stimulating effect on the liver and digestive system. It is also a very rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins A, D, C, and B and iron, silicon, magnesium, zinc and manganese.
- Astragalus membranaceous (Huang Qi) is a herb which has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for many centuries as a revitalizing tonic for the endocrine system. It is a very useful protector of thyroid and adrenal gland function and also helps to maintain stable blood pressure, metabolism and blood sugar levels.
- Glycorrhiza glabra (Licorice) originates in the Mediterranean and the Middle East and has many uses, including being a tonic stimulant for the adrenal cortex and digestive system.
- Stachys officinalis (Wood betony) is used to support nervous system and is very useful for the child who tends to 'comfort eat' or eat to mask anxiety and insecurity. Wood betony is also an excellent tonic for the cardiovascular system and will promote proper digestion.
- Melissa officinalis is also called lemon balm and is well-known for its soothing and calming properties and is widely prescribed by herbalists for stress. This herbal ingredient is also excellent at maintaining a healthy digestive system.
How has JuniorSlim helped others?
'My son Chad is only 6 and had already started to become overweight. He was always on the chubby side but starting school and being exposed to a lot of junk food like chips and candy (which he loves) started to take their toll. He became the butt of teasing and bullying because of his size and I could see this was affecting his self-esteem. I didn’t want him to be a fat child who would grow to become a fat and unhealthy adult so decided to take action. JuniorSlim was the best choice I could have made. We began to monitor his diet a bit more closely and provided more healthy options for school lunches. Within weeks he was more energetic and seemed happier and he has steadily lost his “pudgy” look over the last few months. I have recommended Junior Slim to some other moms who are concerned about their kids putting on weight and everyone has been very impressed.' - Janet F.
'Unfortunately my 11 year old twin girls have picked up on their parents’ bad lifestyle habits and their lack of exercise and poor diet began to take its toll on their health and young figures. With both my husband and I working full-time, fast-food for dinner was almost a daily occurrence in our home. Our daughters (like us) became overweight and unhappy. At the age where all their friends were becoming aware of clothes and boys my two girls became withdrawn and I knew it was because of their weight. We bought JuniorSlim and also began to eat more healthily at home. The changes have been astounding - both girls have shed their puppy-fat and are looking absolutely lovely. This has given them confidence and set my mind at rest about their health in the future. JuniorSlim is an excellent product!' - Cheryl and Steve
'I just want to tell you that JuniorSlim worked very well to help me lose weight. I am so happy because now I can also do gymnastics like my friends and I don’t get tired like I did before.' - Candice (9)
How do I use JuniorSlim?
JuniorSlim comes in convenient concentrated tincture (drop) form and is diluted in water or juice.
JuniorSlim is ideally suited to children between the age of 3 and 12. Use one drop per age year of the child in approximately 1/4 glass of water or juice. Repeat two to three times daily before meals. It is recommended that JuniorSlim be combined with regular exercise and a healthy diet for best results.
Not recommended for children under one year old. Do not deprive your child of healthy food. Consult a dietician or nutritionist for advice if your child is significantly overweight. (For more information, please see below.)
- Sign your child up for regular physical activity - a dance class, karate or swimming group for example. Make sure that your child gets at least an hour of physical activity every day
- During weekends, go for walks or schedule family time outdoors.
- Cut down on refined and processed foods and substitute lean meat, chicken or fish, eggs & salads. Do this for the whole family to encourage family health & to avoid making your child feel 'deprived'.
- Discourage long hours on the computer or in front of the TV. There is so much sitting time at school that you do not want to add to it at home!
- Send a healthy lunch box to school. Avoid bread and unhealthy snacks and include hard boiled eggs, salads & fruits. Do not include high sugar drinks or energy drinks.
- Remember that your child is growing. By simply adopting a healthy diet and regular exercise, natural growth patterns will help to shed the 'puppy fat' without harsh dieting - and you will be encouraging healthy food habits in adulthood too!
This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.