KC-Defence: Natural help for Kennel Cough & respiratory health
- Natural homeopathic remedy
- Stops coughing, mucous & sneezing
- Treats Kennel Cough and other respiratory infections in pets
- Helps to protect against infection if your pet is exposed to Kennel Cough
- May also be used as a preventative just before a visit to the vet, to kennels or a cattery to protect against infection
Symptoms of Kennel Cough
Kennel cough is a highly contagious upper respiratory tract infection that often affects animals that are kept in a confined space such as boarding kennels, dog shows or veterinary hospitals. It has both a viral and a bacterial component. The bacterial component Bordetella bronchiseptica is often the cause of respiratory infections in cats.
Symptoms include a persistent dry hacking cough or bouts of deep harsh coughing often followed by gagging, which may produce a foamy mucus. Pet owners often describe the cough as sounding as if their dog has something stuck in its throat.
Mild cases may improve without treatment. Conventional treatment of kennel cough often involves antibiotics which tend to relieve the animal's symptoms fairly quickly, but also have a general weakening effect on their immune system, which can cause further problems, especially in the long-term. Anti-inflammatories may also be prescribed to reduce the irritation in the throat.
Vaccinations to prevent kennel cough are also often recommended. But research indicates that frequent vaccination or over-vaccination may unnecessarily stress a pet's immune system.
The natural way
The first line of defense is always a strong & healthy immune system. Dogs & cats that follow a healthy diet and who have regular exercise will be less likely to contract any illness, including Kennel Cough.
As part of a holistic approach to treating your pet, natural remedies can help to build and strengthen your pet's immune system, encourage the elimination of toxins and generally improve the overall health of your animal.
Herbal and homeopathic remedies can be used alone or as part of the total treatment strategy, depending on the recommendations of your holistic vet and it is important to find a treatment that suits your pet’s needs. Natural remedies can also help to relieve specific symptoms such as upper respiratory infections and coughs without the accompanying toxin build-up and side effects caused by antibiotics or conventional treatments.
How can KC-Defence help?
KC-Defence is a 100% homeopathic remedy specially formulated for dogs & cats with selected homeopathic ingredients and biochemic tissue salts for the treatment and prevention of Kennel Cough and other respiratory tract infections in pets.
It may be used preventatively (especially before visits to the vet, kennels, cattery etc) or acutely to treat an active infection.
What are the Ingredients?
KC-Defence contains the following 100% active homeopathic ingredients in pet-safe, therapeutic dosage:
- Plantago (D3) in homeopathic potency is an excellent choice to address dry coughs. It is also an effective expectorant and anti-catarrhal and helps to expel mucus build up in the lungs. Particularly suited to irritated mucous membranes often associated with upper respiratory tract infections.
- Bryonia (6C) is a proven homeopathic remedy which is very effective for the treatment of coughs and dry mucus membranes, as well as the clearing of mucus from the chest.
- Echinacea purp (D3) is a homeopathic remedy to address symptoms of colds, flu and other viral infections. This ingredient is well-suited to animals that may need immune system support, recovery or convalescence
- Ferrum Phosphate (D6) (Ferrum Phos.) is one of the most important biochemic tissue salts to use when there is any infection or inflammation in the body. It helps to distribute iron and oxygen throughout the body, strengthen cell walls and fight infection
- Kalium Sulphate (D6) (Kali. Sulph.) This biochemic tissue salt is essential for distributing life giving oxygen throughout the body and keeping cell membranes in peak health. It is often called the 'natural antibiotic' of the tissue salts and together with Ferrum Phos. can treat both the initial, secondary and third stages of infection. Kali. Sulph. is used for a variety of chest infections, including chronic cough, asthma, bronchitis and even pneumonia.
- Magnesium Phosphate (D6) (Mag. Phos.) is a natural painkiller and antispasmodic and is very helpful for bronchial spasms and other forms of spasmodic cough.
Sucrose: inactive ingredient
Safe for use during pregnancy and nursing.
Our products are animal-cruelty free. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
How has KC-Defence helped others?
"I can recommend the KC-Defence as an effective remedy to help with kennel cough. It has worked for our dog very quickly and I thank you!" - WLG
"After successfully treating my Afghan with KC-Defence, I will not send her to the kennels without it! At least I can be confident that she is protected as her system is very sensitive and she easily picks up infections from other dogs. This product is great! Once again I have been very impressed by your service and your products!" - Brent
"We adopted our baby Boxer from a pet store where she had contracted kennel cough, and was still not doing okay after a plethora of antibiotics for over a month! When she got home we continued her antibiotics, and she still was not recovering at any noticeable rate. But once I took her off the antibiotics, and switched to your KC-Defence, in combination with the Immunity & Liver Support, she was noticeably better in 1-2 days! Thank you! And just say NO to antibiotics--they actually weakend the immune system!" - Sharon
We rescued a very sick 9 week old male pom. He was very weak and had kennel cough, with signs of pneumonia, and underfed. After literally weeks of treatment with antibiotics and other strong meds, Cujo was still racked with a bad cough and phlegm discharge. The vet was ready to send him to A&M for help. We decided to just give KC-Defence a try. Within just two days we saw immediate results. Now at 3 weeks, all symptoms cleared up. THANK YOU!! He is now a robust little guy that is so much fun." - Patricia
"KC-Defence is incredible! When we adopted a puppy from the pound, we didn’t know she had kennel cough, or that she would pass it to our 7 year old daschund mix. I gave them both hourly doses of KC-Defence, and by the 3rd dose the terrible, hacking cough had disappeared! By the end of day one, they both looked happier, and no more sneezing! I will definitely recommend this to my friends." - Becky Moreno
How do I use KC-Defence?
KC-Defence comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The tiny granules are easy to administer to animals of all sizes and personalities and are simply sprinkled on the back of the tongue and left to dissolve. Alternatively, they can be mixed with a little wet food or a treat. No fuss and bother!
Cats and very small dogs: Large pinch of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Small to medium dogs: Two pinches sprinkled into the mouth.
Medium to large dogs: 1/4 cap of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Acute: Administer every hour for up to 10 doses or until symptoms subside. Thereafter administer three times daily for 14 -21 days.
Preventative: KC-Defence may be given for up to a week at 3 - 6 month intervals for the prevention of Kennel Cough and other respiratory disorders. This is highly recommended before a stay in kennels or a cattery or for 5 - 7 days before a visit to the vet. Respiratory infections are often highly contagious and your pet will be vulnerable whenever there is contact with other animals.
Management tips for Kennel Cough in dogs & cats
- Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet's overall immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
- If going to boarding kennels causes your pet undue stress, consider investigating other options. Stress can weaken your pet's immune system and make him/her more susceptible to infection.
- Talk to a holistic vet before immunising your pet. Over-vaccination may stress the immune system unnecessarily.
- Regular exercise will help to keep your pet's immune system in tiptop form.
- Small doses of honey may ease your pet's cough.
- Should your pet contract Kennel Cough, be a considerate pet owner and keep your coughing furry companion away from other pets.Kennel Cough is highly contagious.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Please consult your veterinarian if symptoms persist.