Rice (Brown) Long Grain | Organic At Heart
Organic At Heart 100% Certified Organic Long Grain Brown Rice (500g), has a unique earthy, nutty flavour, and is incredibly versatile for a variety of scrumptious mouth-watering meals. From curries, stews and casseroles to grilled fish and salads, this brown rice can accompany it all without any GMOs!
- Fluffy, soft, non-sticky and naturally tasty long grain brown rice - with a fabulous consistency and fulfilling, nutty taste (won't clump together)
- Ideal stuffing for peppers, aubergines, and more - or add to cold salads, serve with curries, stews and casseroles
- Excellent source of dietary fiber to keep you satiated for longer (and low fat), a source of magnesium, copper, and selenium and beneficial compounds
- Gluten-free and safe for those with gluten-intolerances, sodium-free, and cholesterol-free
- Certified Organic, GMO'-free, pesticide-free and preservative-free
Did you know? Rice flour was used as part of the mortar to build the great wall of China!
100% Certified Organic Long Grain Brown Rice
How to use
Rinse one cup of rice in a fine-mesh sieve under cold water for 30 seconds then drain.
Combine rice, a pinch of salt and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes (water should then be absorbed). Remove from heat and let the rice sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving!
Note: After opening, store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
Tip: For a healthier twist on a sweet classic, try using your brown rice in a brown rice pudding with cinnamon and nutmeg: Place 2 cups of cooked brown rice, milk (or milk substitute), raisins, ground cinnamon and sugar in a saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat until creamy and the milk is almost absorbed (around 15-20 minutes) while stirring frequently. Remove from heat mix ground nutmeg and butter and stir well. Chill in the fridge and then serve!
Why we love Organic At Heart
When it comes to trusted, organic freshness, look no further than Organic At Heart. Grown out of a need for fresh, sustainable, 'no nasties' produce, we love that this brand is committed to bringing the kiss of Mother Nature to your table with only the freshest produce for your family.
This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.