SuperFoods Black Maca Powder: Ancient Peruvian Adaptogen & Strengthener!
For customers outside South Africa, please CLICK HERE for International Shipping
SuperFoods Organic Maca Powder (200g or 500g) - Adaptogen, boosts energy & libido (sex drive)
- Rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, as well as trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
- Contains nearly 20 amino acids, 7 essential amino acids, life-enhancing enzymes & almost 60 healing phytochemicals
- Contains about 10% bioavailable calcium and about 12-14% bioavailable protein
- As an adaptogen, Maca balances and stabilises the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.) and supplies energy when needed
- Maca helps to boost sexual energy, endurance and fertility and helps to balance hormones in men and women (see the Maca Love Potion recipe below!)
- Certified organic - no pesticides, preservatives, colourants or artificial chemicals
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly
Maca Powder comes from Peru and has been used by Peruvians for thousands of years as a literal powerhouse of nutrition, especially for strength, energy and increased sex drive. Using Maca daily can:
- Increase energy, endurance and strength
- Enhance libido - it is billed as a natural aphrodisiac
- Balance hormones - Maca stimulates hormone levels by working on the pituitary gland - the gland responsible for secreting sex hormones.
- According to Dr Northrup, Maca can also help impotent men, because it stimulates the pituitary gland into secreting more testosterone.
- Provide immune system support
- Increase oxygen levels in the blood which improves brain function
- Improve memory and mental clarity
- Relieve menopausal symptoms - women who take Maca report LESS fatigue,
- greater energy and relief from hot flushes and night sweats.
- Regulate menstruation and provide period pain relief
- Enhance fertility in both men and women
- Reduce symptoms of chronic fatigue
- Provide overall support of the endocrine system
- Elevate your mood
- Impart a youthful radiance - thanks to increased blood circulation in your skin
How to use Maca:
Maca tastes malted, like Horlicks and is very delicious on its own, combined with other superfoods or in smoothies and shakes! Try adding it to desserts and sweet treats. Maca has an incredible synergistic effect when combined with raw cacao nibs or raw cacao powder. (also available from Feelgood Health)
You can consume 1-8 teaspoons of Maca per day to begin with. The more Maca you consume, the more benefit you are likely to get. In toxicity studies conducted in the U.S., Maca showed absolutely no toxicity and no adverse pharmacologic effects.
Maca Love Potion recipe
500ml fresh almond milk, soy milk or rice milk
Dash of vanilla essence or seeds from a vanilla pod
1 Tablespoon Maca powder
Pinch of cinnamon
Coconut nectar or honey to taste
2 Tablespoons Coconut oil/butter
Blend it all up and ENJOY!
Why we love Superfoods!
Superfoods contain only the very highest quality ingredients and are 100% certified organic - meaning that they contain no pesticides, preservatives or other harmful substances - only pure goodness for your optimum health!
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, said 'Let food be your medicine' - something that modern medicine seems to have forgotten! Ancient cultures such as the Mayans, Aztecs, Incas, Peruvians, Africans, Chinese and other cultures used certain highly praised foods to help them fight battles, give them courage, energy, fertility and even 'superpowers', On the other hand, the Western world has turned to food that makes you sick and which needs medicine to make you better again!
With Superfoods, you can embrace the true concept of health! Superfoods are foods that are certified organic and exceptionally high in vitamins, minerals and overall nutritional value. Adding superfoods to your daily diet helps to re-mineralise the body, minimizing the desire for snacking on sugar rich foods, helping the body get back on track with a healthy lifestyle.
All Superfoods products are 100% organic, highly nutritious, unprocessed and unrefined - and packed with high levels of naturally occurring bio-available nutrients and antioxidants.
Make Superfoods a part of your daily diet and feel the difference!
Disclaimer: This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness.