Thyroid Assist - Natural remedy for an underactive thyroid (hypothyroid)
(NB Customers from the USA, Canada & the UK: This product is also available via Native Remedies in the USA)
Herbal ingredients for a healthy thyroid
- Helps to restore healthy thyroid functioning
- Treats iodine deficiency causing hypothyroidism
- Ensures adequate production of thyroid hormones
- Assists with depression, fatigue, constipation, weight gain and other symptoms associated with hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid)
- *Buy 3 Get 1 Free* Special Offer available for this product!
Information on the thyroid gland
The thyroid gland is situated at the base of the throat and is stimulated by the pituitary gland to produce hormones which are important for the functioning and maintenance of all the cells in the body and for metabolism. If there is an underproduction of thyroid hormones, hypothyroidism - or an under-active thyroid - will result. Overproduction causes hyperthyroidism, or overactive thyroid.
Symptoms of HypothyroidismHere are some of the symptoms of hypothyroidism
- Chronic fatigue and weakness
- Weight Gain or difficulty losing weight
- Hair loss or coarse, dry hair
- Dry and rough skin
- Intolerance to cold
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased sex drive
- Memory loss
- Depression and irritability
- Muscle cramps
Not all of these symptoms are always present. If you are concerned that you may have Hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, always consult your doctor.
Hypothyroidism is relatively easily to diagnose by means of a blood test to check TSH levels (the thyroid stimulating hormone produced by the pituitary gland) and T3 and T4 levels (the main thyroid hormones). Because the 'normal' range varies from person to person, some people may have hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism (and their symptoms), while blood tests show that their TSH , T3 and T4 levels are normal.
Treatment of an under-active thyroid
Hypothyroidism is conventionally treated by administering a daily dose of synthetic thyroid hormones (e.g. Levothyroxine). Some doctors prefer to use a form of natural thyroid hormone extracted from cows, which contains both T4 and T3 thyroid hormones.
The natural way
Naturopaths have long recognised that restoring balance is key to treating an under-active thyroid. There are very effective herbs that can help to promote healthy thyroid functioning and restore thyroid health and balance.
In conjunction with experts in the field, Feelgood Health has developed Thyroid Assist, a 100% herbal remedy to assist in the treatment of hypothyroidism or under-active thyroid. Thyroid Assist, along with a healthy diet and lifestyle, can help to promote thyroid health and bring relief from many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism or under-active thyroid functioning.
How can Thyroid Assist help?
Thyroid Assist is a completely natural, non-addictive thyroid remedy that contains specifically chosen herbs to gently balance and harmonize thyroid activity in the endocrine system. Thyroid Assist can help to rejuvenate a sluggish thyroid gland and promote regular thyroid activity - helping to attain balanced metabolism, body temperature, fertility and a healthy weight!
Thyroid Assist contains the following all-natural herbal ingredients:
- Fucus vesiculosis, also called Bladderwrack or kelp, is a sea vegetable which is a prime source of iodine - crucial in preventing thyroid problems. It has been used medicinally for thousands of years, especially in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Apart from its beneficial effect on thyroid functioning, it is also used as a metabolic stimulant and can be found in many slimming remedies. When using kelp medicinally, always make sure that it is sourced by a reputable and trusted company. Kelp harvested from the beach or near to the coast may be contaminated with industrial waste, sewerage, lead, mercury or other toxins. Kelp used in Feelgood Health's Thyroid Assist has been harvested only from uncontaminated areas and screened for the presence of toxins and contamination.
- Avena sativa is derived from the wild oat plant and is a well known restorative and nerve tonic, used to treat depression, low libido and lack of energy, as well as hypothyroidism. More recently it has been shown to be effective in reducing high cholesterol levels.
- Coleus forskohlii is a well respected and often difficult to obtain Ayurvedic (Indian) remedy, traditionally used to treat high blood pressure. It also acts to stimulate the thyroid to release thyroid hormones and is therefore beneficial in the treatment of hypothyroidism.
How has Thyroid Assist helped others?
I have had a weight problem my whole life. No matter how hard I excerised or how little I ate I just could not lose the weight. I started using Thyroid Assist on the 30th August 2006. For the first time since 2004 my Body Fat has decreased...I was so thrilled. Despite all my efforts to lose weight, my Body Fat percentage never moved. So for the first time in 2 years, I can proudly say that my Body Fat percentage has come down!!!! What an awesome product, also what an awesome company to deal with. The staff is professional, friendly and extremely helpful. Thanks so much.'
'About 2 years ago I was clinically diagnosed with depression. I was also diagnosed with a goiter that has nodules. After many trips to different doctors to discuss and try to receive comfort for the fatigue, weight gain and mood swings I was put on an anti-depressant that took my weight from 150lbs to 230lbs. At this point my doctor switched me to yet another anti-depressant. Knowing in my heart that I am not a depressed person and wanting to just 'feel human' again, I had been taking this anti-depressant for a year then, (Thank God) I found your web site. Very reluctantly I ordered Thyroid Assist. It works!!! I have increased energy, I am not taking 4 hour naps every day, I have noticed my hair is not falling out in clumps like before and I have not taken my anti-depressant in almost a month. I will continue to use this product and tell all I know about your web site. Thank you for giving my life back the 'normal' that had been gone for so long.' - Christa
"I always felt frustrated about my inability to lose weight no matter how much I tried. Eventually I went to see my doctor who checked my thyroid and told me that it was underactive. He said I would not lose weight because my metabolism was too slow. Since then I have used Thyroid Assist and for the first time I can see the results of my efforts! Also my chronic constipation is a thing of the past, thank goodness." - Caroline
"I have been using anti-depressants for years and years and always wanted to stop taking them. Everytime I tried, I became depressed again, even though there was no real reason. I went from doctor to doctor and had so many different drugs that I lost count of them all. Eventually I decided to go for therapy and thank goodness I went to see Michele Carelse who refered me to have my thyroid tested. I was so relieved to find that I had a hidden thyroid problem which was causing my depression. I have been using Thyroid Assist and Mindsoothe for three months and I feel like a new person. I can get through my day without being exhausted for a change and my depression is completely gone - without therapy and NO MORE anti-depressants!" - Michelle
"You won't believe how I struggled to get out of bed every morning. All the symptoms of hypothyroidism were there - from the depression to the constipation to the weight gain, etc. Even though my doctor said that my thyroid was normal, I just knew that something was wrong. I am going through menopause and they all said that was the cause, but I felt that there was something else going on. I visited a homeopath who told me that hypothyroid is not always detected on tests. Thyroid Assist has made a huge difference to the way that I feel. Thank you so much, I can really recommend it." - Pamela
How do I use Thyroid Assist?
Thyroid Assist comes in convenient concentrated tincture (drop) form and is diluted in water or juice.
Adults and Teenagers over 12: 15 drops in water or juice two to three times a day.
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been clinically established. Please consult your doctor should symptoms persist.
Feelgood Tips for a healthy thyroid
- Eat plenty of iodine-rich foods such as saltwater fish, shellfish and sushi.
- Make sure that your multi-vitamin includes Vitamin C, all the B vitamins, zinc and copper.
- Avoid cigarettes - researchers have found that smoking significantly increases the severity of hypothyroidism.
Thyroid Assist is often recommended along with the following natural remedies:
- MindSoothe - natural remedy for depression
- EcoSlim - herbal weight-loss remedy
- Fatigue Fighter - herbal remedy to boost energy levels
This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.