We deliver to your door!
The Ark & Feelgood Health Competition 2016
About The Ark
The Ark is a Christian shelter which is based in Faure in the Western Cape. It was started in 1992 for the homeless, unemployed, abandoned, rejected and/ or addicted men, women and, children and men of South Africa.
At The Ark temporary shelter, food, clothing, spiritual, emotional as well as practical restoration is provided to anyone in need. Since their inception, they have helped more than 30 000 people in need!
What they do
The Ark uses Christian-based counselling and life skills to provide physical, spiritual and emotional healing to people in need. They offer a wide range of services at their refuge centre to reintegrate previously broken people back into the community.
The Ark’s services includes:
• A fully registered crèche and Educare centre
• A fully registered primary and high school (grades 1 to 9)
• Girls and boys home
• Single women and single mommies home
• Frail Care for the elderly
• A drug and alcohol restoration centre (New Jerusalem)
• Workshops for training and income-generating purposes
• Job placement office
• A refuge for abandoned or abused animals, including cats, dogs, goats, ducks, geese, pigs and even a beautiful bull called Pastor Bully!
The Ark gives the animals a home and restores them to health. They also believe that the animals help to restore hope and heal people who have been broken by their circumstances and encourage people to interact with the animals as much as possible.
• An organic veggie garden
In addition, Spiritual counselling services are also provided and include:
• Life-skills training
• Three year certificated Bible School
• Fifty day introduction course in the word of God
• Adult literacy
• Parenting skills training
• Child-care training
• Sports facilities and activities
• Transportation to hospitals in the Peninsula
• Applications for ID documents, grants and pensions
Why we know helping The Ark will make you feel good
The Ark provides residents with temporary accommodation, food, clothing, life skills, bible school studies, sewing courses, woodwork courses as well as counselling. They rely solely on donations and receive support from various companies.
However, THEY always NEED MORE! Feeding, clothing and assisting so many people every day is not an easy thing to do! We here at Feelgood Hhealth, we want to HELP them and know that YOU do too!
Enter our competition to win prizes worth R1750.00 and for every person that enters the competition, we will donate R1.00 to The Ark! Now, isn’t that a great way to help The Ark and do something that makes YOU FEEL GOOD too!
CLICK HERE to enter and PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS to help us raise as much money as possible for The Ark to help them in the wonderful work that they do! - http://www.feelgoodhealth.co.za/feelgood-health-competitions
For more information:
5 Old National Road
Cape Town, Western Cape 7131
Tel: (27)21 8433927/8