DIY recipes for Essential Oil Infused Shea Body Butter & Natural Deodorant
At Feelgood Health we simply love the idea of enabling you to make and create your own beautiful natural body products. By using our carefully selected and sought after product suggestions in your own body products, you know that you are giving yourself, family & friends natural body products that are good for them and mother earth!
Below are some DIY natural recipies to make your own Shea Body Butter and natural deodorant - chemical & paraben free, the way nature intended them to be. They will make the perfect natural gifts for those big special days!
1) Essential Oil Infused Shea Body Butter Recipe (Choose your favourite
essential oils from our wide selection for personal choice)
- 1 cup Soil Organic Shea Butter
- ½ cup Crede Coconut Oil (you can also use Crede Odourless Coconut Oil, depending how much you love coconuts!
- ½ cup Crede Sweet Almond Oil (you can substitute with Crede Olive Oil, or any organic oil that is healthy).
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let it cool down for at least 40 minutes.
- Stir in your selected carrier oil and essential oils of your choice (you can get quite creative here!)
- Wait until oils start to slightly solidify, then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved. This should only take a few minutes, not longer.
- Place in clean glass jar and enjoy your amazing body product. Be sure to share them with family and friends!
- 3 Teaspoons Crede Organic Odourless Coconut Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Soda (Try use organic if you can)
- 2 Teaspoons Soil Organic Shea Butter
- Your choice of essential oils - a few drops. Try mixing and match scents that you really like!
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until barely melted.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda
- Mix the baking soda with the shea butter and coconut oil
- Add your favourite essential oils (a few drops go a very long way) and pour into a glass container for storage. It does not need to be stored in the fridge.
- If you prefer, you can let it cool completely and put into something that will make the application easier for you to use. You can decide what works best!.
At Feelgood Health we are always there to help and advise you in the best possible natural way. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us.