We deliver to your door!
How To Make Your Own Natural Toothpaste At Home
In the third episode of our four-part series, we show you how to make your own homemade toothpaste using 100% natural easy to obtain ingredients. Research has shown that most store-bought toothpastes contain glycerine or fluoride which weakens tooth enamel and can cause more dental health issues over the long term. Here are two toothpaste recipes which contain ingredients which are safe and gentle for your teeth and mouth. Best of all, toothpaste is easy enough to make at home and will save you money too!
Basic Toothpaste Recipe
This recipe is so simple and easy – it is for a single-use application and you can adjust the measurements according to how much you prefer on your toothbrush.
1 Teaspoon of baking soda
½ Teaspoon of sea salt, finely ground
1 drop of peppermint, citrus or clove pure essential oil. CLICK HERE to view our full range of Soil Organic Essential Oils
A few drops of water
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and combine thoroughly until a thick paste is formed.
2. Scoop it on to your toothbrush and brush as usual.
Homemade Toothpaste Recipe with Coconut Oil and Essential Oils
6 Tablespoons of coconut oil
6 Tablespoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional)
2 drops of essential oil (use peppermint, eucalyptus, grapefruit, orange or cinnamon) - Choose from our range of Soil Organic Essential Oils
1. Melt coconut oil to soften slightly if it is hard
2. Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl and stir well. If you are using melted coconut oil, you will have to stir quite a bit until the mixture cools down
3. It should form a light, creamy texture or consistency.
4. Pour the mixture into small glass jars and seal. A good idea is to make up a jar for each member of your family)
5. Let the mixture cool down completely before use
6. To use: You can either dip your tooth brush into the jar or use a teaspoon to put it onto your tooth brush.
7. Store the toothpaste away from heat and light so that the essential oils in the mixture do not degrade
Natural remedies for your dental health
Good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups are very important to keep teeth and gums healthy and clean. Natural remedies can also help to support teeth and gums. Many centuries ago, herbal ingredients were used to support oral hygiene and prevent and cure oral diseases.
Many people also suffer from bad breath and halitosis which may be as a result of poor oral hygiene. Halitonic, a homeopathic remedy which helps to prevent bad breath and halitosis, and also cleanses the system from the inside. Halitonic treats the underlying causes of bad breath and halitosis and cleanses bacteria and toxins from the mouth and digestive tract.
Using natural remedies for your gums, teeth and mouth is a much gentler yet still effective alternative than using over-the-counter products or prescription drugs that contain harmful ingredients.