Our best TOP TIPS for healthy hair, skin & nails PLUS our FREE organic hair mask recipe!
We are all given one body in this lifetime and it is our job to cherish and nourish it in every way that we can! All people are different and come with different kinds of skin, hair and nail types. What a lot of people don’t know is that simply caring for your hair, nail or skin type (even problem skin) can make the world of a difference to your self-esteem as well as overall health!
In this day and age where weather extremities are becoming all too common and we often seem to struggle to find the time to give our bodies that extra little TLC (diet included) it is even more imperative that we share our top tips for healthy hair, skin and nails so that you can benefit too!
Let’s care for that hair!
Taking care of your hair is not just what you wash your hair with. There are also ways that you can care for your hair in an everyday kind of way:
- Go for regular trims to avoid split ends and breakage
- The healthier you eat, the healthier your hair looks - remember that daily hair supplements,like Solgar Skin, Hair and Nails, are an important part of your diet too!
- Stop abusing your hair with heat styling appliances, such as straighteners, blow dryers or curling irons
- Encourage production of your own natural protective oils – the less you wash your hair the better!
- Believe it or not…cold water is good for your hair as it locks in the moisture and also stimulates blood flow to the scalp. Start by washing your hair with warm water to open the pores on your scalp and hair, then rinse with cold water.
- Brush frequently but not too often! Brushing allows for your natural oils to be spread evenly through your hair - however brushing too often can lead to breakage
- Give your hair a natural hair treatment once a month to boost your hair’s natural health and beauty! See our FREE home recipe below!
Time to win back that skin!
Whether you are struggling with problem skin (acne, eczema, etc) or you are simply looking to beautify your skin and boost your glow, here are some amazing skin health tips that will definitely benefit you!
- Hydration is key! Make sure that you’re drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day to keep your skin hydrated and to balance your Ph levels
- Antioxidants protect your skin against damaged cells as well as reduce the signs of anti-ageing. Organic Superfoods, such as Hemp Protein Powder, Chia Seeds and Goji Berries are a great source of antioxidants. They can be mixed into smoothies and added to your food to give your health AND your skin a boost! Let the rejuvenation begin!
- Natural skin products are best as they don’t contain harmful chemicals that (believe it or not) damage your skin! We recommend Lavish’s all natural and organic skin collection for optimal skin health. Lavish makes an amazing exfoliator, a wonderful day cream and an amazing night cream that smells so yummy that you will want to eat it! In fact, it IS good enough to eat because it contains ONLY natural ingredients and absolutely NO nasty petrochemicals, SLS, parabens or any other chemical ingredients!
- Avoid chemical sunscreens that can thin your skin, thereby making it even more susceptible to sun damage. Rather practice safe sun behavior. Stay out of the midday sun between 11 – 3 pm in summer and 11 – 2 pm in winter. Wear a hat and protective clothing. Vitamin D is good for you and your skin – but you need to get your doses of sunshine wisely!
- Cleansing is essential – use cold water to cleanse your face twice a day. Cold water has the same function as chemical cleansers and toners (save a few bucks!) and can close the pores just as well!
- No matter HOW tempting it may be, DON’T pop your pimples as this could lead to scarring! If you are battling with problem skin, we recommend Silverlab Colloidal Silver gel – first aid for the skin in a tub!
- Get rid of those dead skin cells, impurities and black heads by ensuring that you exfoliate regularly with a natural and organic exfoliator like Lavish Ex-Factor to make it smooth and flawless!
- Give your body a good detox by taking a break from make-up which is often loaded with harsh chemicals. Detox your body often with Feelgood Health’s Detox Drops to purify your system from the inside out!
- Mature skin needs a little help to stay fresh and young for longer. If you want to give YOUR skin a helping hand, you can’t go wrong with AllisOne Beauty Synergy – a specially selected blend of tissue salts to help your skin stay younger for longer! Nourish mature skin at night with pure organic Argan Oil to reduce wrinkles and plump up the skin.
Feel confident with healthy nails!
So, you’re off to a meeting, job interview or dinner party and instead of looking forward to the event, all you can worry about is that hopefully nobody notices your dry, broken or cracked fingernails? Read no further for effective tips to get your nails back into shape!
- Use a natural moisturizer – when you rub cream into your hands make sure that you massage it into your nails and cuticles too to get the moisture back (yes, your nails need moisture too!)
- Avoid harsh nail polishes at all costs as they contain highly toxic chemicals. Besides damaging your nails, they can also be absorbed through your nails and pose a health risk to your body too!
- Make sure that you’re eating well and try and get into the habit of taking a good quality Omega-3 fatty acid supplement for tip top nail health!
- Stop biting your nails and picking your cuticles! Replacing a bad habit with a good one, like squeezing a stress ball, will help to distract you! If it is anxiety that is the cause, you can also use Feelgood Health’s PureCalm for natural fast relief from stress, panic or anxiety
- Protect, beautify and strengthen your nails with pure organic Argan Oil (nature’s beauty blessing!) as well as AllisOne Beauty Synergy tissue salts as an all-round support for healthy hair, skin AND nails!
NATURAL ORGANIC HAIR MASK RECIPE
You can make this natural organic hair mask recipe at home!
Crede Organic Coconut Oil (250ml)
Scoop all the coconut oil into a pan and heat slowly on very low heat until melted.
Add 5 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil and 5 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil and stir to mix
Pour the oil back into the glass jar and allow to cool in the fridge. You now have a jar of gorgeous smelling organic hair mask that will work better than any hair conditioner that you have ever used! It will not only condition your hair and stimulate growth, but it will also help to prevent dandruff, eczema and falling hair!
HOW TO USE
After you have washed your hair, towel dry gently. Take a teaspoon or two (depending on hair length and thickness) of the home made hair mask and warm in your hands, slowly working thoroughly into your hair and scalp. Leave on for as long as you can (overnight is best, but an hour or two is also good). Wash hair again to remove the oil if you want to. However, if you want to leave it in for an amazing gelled look, all the better!
So you see, there’s really no need to go and spend a whole day at the hair dresser or beauty salon. Our top tips take up little time and are exactly what your body has been waiting for!