TIPS to naturally treat dry, damaged and tired hair!
The cooler season is generally when your hair reminds you that it is time to pay some special attention to it! It has probably become a bit dull & dry and split ends seem to be making their very tacky appearance. This is often the result of the cooler air zapping most of the natural moisture right out of your hair!
There are easy and convenient ways that you can naturally treat and protect your hair during these cooler periods and maintain beautiful, healthy, shiny locks all the way through winter!
How to treat common hair issues
- Dry Hair – To put some much needed moisture back into your hair we recommend applying a honey and sweet almond oil mask to your hair. Simply mix ½ cup of raw organic honey and 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil together. Apply this mixture to clean, damp hair and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off and shampoo your hair as usual.
- Loss of Shine – If you hair has lost its natural bling and shine we recommend adding a tablespoon of organic lemon juice and organic apple cider vinegar to your natural shampoo once a week.
- Dry, frizzy split ends – An egg mask works wonders for split ends! Eggs are rich in protein and essential fatty acids that can help treat split ends. Simply whisk an egg yolk and mix in 3 tablespoons of organic olive oil and organic raw honey. Work it through your damp hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Finally rinse it off with your favourite natural shampoo and style as usual!
- Dandruff – Dry, flaky dandruff can be very itchy and embarrassing depending on how bad it is. Try adding a few drops of organic tea tree oil and a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar to your next shampoo. Continue to do this until the dandruff clears.
- Hair loss – Make a hair mask of one tablespoon of organic coconut oil, with two drops each of rosemary and peppermint essential oils. Warm coconut oil slightly so that it melts and add the essential oils. Work into your hair after shampooing and leave on for as long as you can. Wash out with Treemendous Tea Tree Shampoo.
Our top 10 tips for healthy Winter hair!
- Do a weekly hair mask treatment to restore the natural moisture in your hair. Simply using virgin organic coconut oil as a base together with a teaspoon of sweet almond oil, baobab oil or neem oil can do wonders to naturally improve the condition of your hair and scalp
- Try to avoid going outside with damp hair. Cold air tends to make things expand, including your hair shaft, which can be a risk for hair breakage and split ends
- If you wear a wool or cotton hat we recommend lining it with silk or satin. Harder fabrics can cause wear and tear on your hair
- Piping hot showers are great in cold weather but hot water can dehydrate your hair! Try to always rinse your hair with cooler water to lock in moisture
- Use a natural shampoo and conditioner that is chemical free. Chemicals, often found in conventional shampoos and conditioners, do a great job at stripping the hair of its natural oils
- Add a supplement to your diet that can improve the condition of your hair, skin and nails. We recommend Solgar Hair, Skin and Nails, which is specially formulated to support collagen formation, a major component of healthy skin, nails & hair
- Last but not least, drink plenty of water! Just because it is cooler it doesn’t mean that your hair doesn’t get as thirsty as it would in the warmer months of the year. In fact, it actually needs more hydration during the cooler months of the year to maintain its natural moisture
We hope we have helped give you some healthy ideas in treating and looking after your beautiful hair! For any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We are always here to help you in the best possible natural way.