BigTree Sutherlandia Capsules: Traditional 'Cancerbush' (Organic Origin)
'Kankerbossie' - Traditional African adaptogen and immune system stimulant (60 veggie capsules)
- 'Kankerbossie' or 'Cancerbush' (Sutherlandia frutescens) has a long history of use in African Traditional Medicine
- Enhances the immune response and acts as an adaptogen (similar in action to the Chinese herb Astragalus membranaceous)
- One of the most profound and multi-purpose of the medicinal plants in Southern Africa
- Traditionally used for a variety of conditions, enhancing well-being, immune support, longevity, stress, depression and anxiety, wasting from cancer, TB, and AIDS, influenza, chronic fatigue syndrome, viral hepatitis, asthma and bronchitis, type 2 diabetes, mild to moderate hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, peptic ulcer, gastritis, reflux oesophagitis, hot flushes and irritability in menopause, and herpes. Studies also indicate significant antioxidant activity
- Sutherlandia functions as an appetite stimulant in wasted patients, but not in healthy people
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly
- Free of corn, yeast, wheat, soy, salt, sugar and dairy products and formulated without preservatives, artificial colours or flavours.
Organically grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers. Pesticide residue free
Sutherlandia (kankerbossie) - Adaptogenic support when you need it!
Sutherlandia frutescens is regarded as one of the most profound and multi-purpose of the traditional medicinal plants in Southern Africa. Apart from a long and varied history of traditional use for a variety of health conditions, Sutherlandia is also one of the most studied medicinal herbs in South Africa. Modern research tends to support its anti-oxidant and health giving properties.
Sutherlandia has long been used as a supportive treatment in Cancer, hence one of its common names – Cancer Bush or Kankerbos. In Tswana it is called Phetola which means “it changes”, indicating that the plant changes the course of many illnesses towards a favorable outcome. The North-Sotho name of Lerumo-Lamadi means “the spear for the blood” describing Sutherlandia’s function as a blood purifier.
One of the primary benefits of Sutherlandia is that it assists the body to mobilise its own resources to deal with diverse physical and mental stresses. Research indicates that it functions as an adaptogen, as well as an immune stimulant (with similar properties and biochemistry to that of the well known Chinese herb Astragalus membranaceus).
Sutherlandia has traditionally been used for enhancing well-being, immune support, longevity, stress, depression and anxiety, wasting from cancer, TB, and AIDS (it functions as an appetite stimulant in wasted patients, but not in healthy people), influenza, chronic fatigue syndrome, viral hepatitis, asthma and bronchitis, type 2 diabetes, mild to moderate hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, peptic ulcer, gastritis, reflux oesophagitis, hot flushes and irritability in menopause, and herpes. Studies also indicate significant antioxidant activity.
BigTree Sutherlandia Capsules contain only: 100% pure Sutherlandia frutescens subsp. microphylla 350mg
Inactive Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose capsule, Silicon dioxide, Potato starch, Magnesium Stearate
Directions for use
Dosage: take 1 capsule twice daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications and Side Effects
When used at the recommended dose there are no documented side-effects.
Do not use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Dosage of anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic medication may need to be reduced and preliminary studies suggest possible interactions with anti-retroviral drugs. Sutherlandia should not be taken while on anti-coagulants such as Heparin and Warfarin, and it is recommended that the use of the product be stopped two weeks prior to elective surgery.
Certain plants such as Sutherlandia, Astragalus and Alfalfa contain the non-protein amino acid L-canavanine. Those afflicted with Systemic Lupus Erthematosus should consult their health care professional before taking plants containing L-canavanine, as reports suggest that significant ingestion of this amino acid may cause recurrence of this disease in patients where the disease has become dormant.
Note: Consult your doctor if symptoms persist or worsen.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness.