StretchEasy Massage Oil - For prevention of stretch marks in pregnancy
Aromatherapy Massage Oil for prevention of pregnancy stretch marks
- Softens and conditions the skin during pregnancy
- Improves the elasticity of skin and underlying tissue
- Helps prevent unsightly stretch marks
- For a pampering and uplifting aromatic experience
- *Buy 3 Get 1 Free* Special Offer available for this product
All about stretch marks
Stretch marks are actually scars which are caused when the skin is over-stretched during periods of rapid weight-gain such as during adolescence or pregnancy. The middle layer of the skin, known as the dermis, contains elastic fibres of tissue that can stretch to a certain point - beyond which they lose their elasticity and break down. In these areas a type of scar tissue forms to strengthen the “weakened” area. These are commonly called stretch marks. Stretch marks usually start out bright red or purple but often fade to a lighter gray or white color.
Every pregnant woman worries about stretch marks and the effects of pregnancy on her body. More than 75% of all women get stretchmarks during pregnancy and whether you are one of the lucky or unlucky ones will depend on a number of factors, including rapidity of weight gain, age, genetics, the condition of your skin and your general health.
The natural way
There are a number of things you can do to maintain the integrity and health of your skin and prevent stretch marks that are so common in pregnancy.
The first step is to eat a healthy, balanced diet. You should not diet at all during pregnancy but remember you don’t really need to eat for two either! It is best to monitor your weight gain and try not to exceed the recommendations that your doctor will have discussed with you. You should gain weight steadily throughout the 9 months of pregnancy- between 11 and 16 kgs (5 - 35 pounds). In this way you will not only ensure optimal nutritional health but your skin will also have a chance to stretch gradually rather than the sudden increase in size that can cause stretch marks.
It is also important to drink plenty of water to keep your skin and whole body well-hydrated. Dehydrated skin is more susceptible to all types of damage and scarring. Remember that once you have given birth you are still at risk for getting stretch marks due to the rapid loss of weight. Keep up with all your good habits at least until you are back at your approximate pre-pregnancy weight.
Keep your skin supple and well nourished. Regular exercise, massage and the use of nourishing oils on the skin can also contribute to a supple and resilient skin that is more resilient to the development of stretch marks.
How can StretchEasy Massage Oil help?
StretchEasy Massage Oil contains a blend of 100% pure therapeutic grade aromatherapy essential oils in a nourishing oil base to soften and condition skin and underlying connective tissue preventing formation of new stretch marks and reducing the appearance of existing stretchmarks.
Oils and plant extracts have been used for thousands of years for skin conditioning and beauty and their effect on skin health is well known. The oils in StretchEasy Massage Oil have been chosen for their protective and conditioning effect on the skin as it expands to accommodate your baby, as well as for their safety during pregnancy. The wonderful aroma of this Massage Oil will also create a relaxing and uplifting experience, while massage helps to relax and induce feelings of well being!
StretchEasy Massage Oil contains the following pure essential aromatherapy oils in therapeutic and pregnancy-safe dosage:
- Patchouli Oil has regenerative properties and is widely used in the treatment of skin conditions. Due to its skin regeneration actions, Patchouli oil is excellent for all types of scar tissue including stretch marks.
- Neroli Oil is a very relaxing oil and has a wonderful balancing effect on all skins- from oily to dry. This essential oil is also known to help with the regeneration of skin cells.
- Mandarin Oil is a soothing oil which helps the skin to retain moisture and nutrients, enhancing elasticity.
- Rose Geranium Oil is an uplifting oil widely used for improving skin tone and to slow ageing of the skin. It helps to remove and prevent all types of scars, stretch marks, cellulite and is also useful for treating hormone-related problems like fluid retention.
- Vitamin E Oil is also a very popular oil for all types of scars and stretch marks. This oil promotes healing in the skin, prevents damage from free-radicals and ensures optimum skin health.
- Rosehip Oil has the ability to rebuild damaged skin tissue and can reduce the appearance of current stretch marks as well as prevent development of new ones.
Did you know? Up to 60% of the products we use on our skin are absorbed into our circulatory system. Sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) forms carcinogenic nitrogen compounds when combined with specific ingredients, while parabens and petrochemicals can also cause harm. Our 100% natural cosmetic products are safer, healthier alternatives as they contain absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulfate or harmful petrochemicals.
How has StretchEasy Massage Oil helped others?
'I just wanted to let you know how much I love your StretchEasy Massage Oil. Not only is my skin looking better than ever but I love the smell of the oil so much that I’m going to keep using it long after I’m back at my pre-pregnancy weight!' - Debbie
'Thank you for your excellent stretch mark remedies! I have been prone to stretch marks since I was a teenager and seemed to get new ones every time I lost or gained even a few pounds. I was worried that after my pregnancy I would end up completely covered in these unsightly stripes so I used the StretchEasy Formula and Massage Oil religiously. Not only is my belly still relatively free of stretch marks after almost the full 9 months, but even those stretch marks that I already had have faded and look much better than before I was pregnant!' - Theresa
How do I use StretchEasy Massage Oil?
Directions: Because we use only therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils, a little goes a long way! Pour approximately 5 ml onto hands and massage slowly and gently onto the abdomen (front and back) and thighs, preferably after a bath or shower. You can do this yourself - or even better, get your partner to do it for you!
Suppleness and skin elasticity and flexibility is immediately supported. As the aromatic oils are absorbed into the skin, skin health and further tissue support will continue over the coming weeks and months of pregnancy.
Also in the range:
- Tranquil Birthbath (luxurious bath oil with aromatherapy oils to assist contractions & relaxation during birthing)
- Heavenly Labour Massage Oil (assists with contractions and an easier labour)
- Eze-Birth Essence (flower & gem essence to promote inner strength and tranquility during labour)
- PureMother Essence (flower essence for the newly birthed mother)
Q & A: Helpful questions and answers about stretch marks
I have heard that some essential oils should not be used during pregnancy. How safe are the essential oils in your StretchEasy Massage Oil?
It is perfectly true that there are some aromatherapy oils that should not be used during pregnancy. However, you can rest assured that all of the essential oils used in our StretchEasy Massage Oil are completely safe to use during pregnancy and will have only positive effects on the expecting-mum and unborn baby.
All my sisters and my mother developed stretch marks during pregnancy, so isn’t it inevitable that I’ll get them too?
Genes do play an important role in who is susceptible to stretch marks and you obviously can’t change your genes! You can, however, affect the severity with which you get stretch marks (if at all) or how severe they are by supporting the skin from inside and out.
This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.