ADD and ADHD the natural approach
It’s a little known fact that at his birth, Albert Einstein’s mother was concerned that her infant's head was too large. As the years passed his delay in speaking and poor language skills in early childhood added to her concern. At school, Albert clashed with authority and resented the strict school regimen. He had enormous tantrums, a stubborn streak and was only interested in subjects that engaged him, ignoring all else. This on-again, off-again concentration problem resulted in Albert being labeled as a poor student and a slow learner. Onlookers speculated that he had a form of Autism or Dyslexia with possible ADD/ADHD! Little did they know that history would have a completely different story to tell! …
It was also rumored that a teacher had once commented of Einstein that he would ‘never amount to anything’! There is even a documented account of a housekeeper voicing her concern that he was ‘retarded’. It was not to be the only time Albert Einstein would be criticized for his ‘peculiarities’ and oddities. Many children have their own little habits and way of doing things that may seem ‘weird’. Some fidget, interrupt others or have difficulty staying seated during class. This does not mean that they are rude, ‘bad’ students, less intelligent or uninterested in learning. On the contrary, many extremely bright children are simply bored as a result of work being too easy! They may even be future Einstein’s!
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD) is a condition affecting many children today. A child may find it difficult to concentrate, listen to instructions or follow through with certain tasks. They are seen to exist in ‘their own chaotic world’. Teachers and even parents may become frustrated trying to focus their child on activities and schoolwork.
You may notice your child:
- Becomes easily distracted by irrelevant sights and sounds
- Fails to pay attention to details and making careless mistakes
- Loses or forgets things like toys, or pencils, books
- Rarely follows instructions carefully and completely
- Feels restless, often fidgeting with hands or feet, or squirming
- Runs, climbs, or leaves the seat, in situations where sitting or quiet behaviour is expected
- Blurts out answers before hearing the whole question
- Has difficulty waiting in line or for a turn
It is important to remember that most young children will show similar behaviour as part of normal development. In fact, there are other conditions that may look like ADD/ADHD. These include:
- Underachievement at school due to a learning disability
- Attention lapses caused by petit mal seizures
- A middle ear infection that causes an intermittent hearing problem
- Disruptive or unresponsive behaviour due to anxiety or depression
So what IS the natural approach?
Using a holistic approach to healing, we recommend a combination of the herbal Focus Formula tonic with the homeopathic BrightSpark remedy. Formulated by a Clinical Psychologist in conjunction with experts in the field of natural medicine, these remedies have shown significant success for children suffering from ADD and ADHD!
Focus Formula is an all-natural remedy formulated by a clinical psychologist especially for children. It is safe and gentle - with no side effects. It will not deaden emotion or make your child a 'blank zombie' as it contains no sedatives. It can be used at home or at school to naturally:
- Reduce hyperactivity and restlessness
- Calm and soothe your child and reduce mood swings
- Improve your child’s concentration, memory and attention span
- Improve alertness and mental focus
- Calm over-active minds
- Reduce impulsiveness and aggression
BrightSpark helps targets symptoms of restless, impulsivity and aggression often associated with ADD and ADHD. BrightSpark will help your child to:
- Relax, calm down and be less impulsive
- Listen more carefully, follow instructions, concentrate better
- Be less distractible, achieve better results at school
- Reduce anger and behaviour problems (ODD - oppositional defiance disorder)
- Reduce tics (Tourette's Disorder)
Although these two remedies work effectively independently from one another, for optimal results we recommend using both in conjunction with each other. When you order both you receive a 10% discount!
A note on ADD and ADHD: Sometimes, no matter how gently the topic is discussed with a child, the 'stigma' of ADD and ADHD can cause a child to feel that he or she doesn't 'fit in' or is 'different' from other children. Around the time of pre-teen age this realisation may occur and a child may feel that they are in some way inferior to other children - this is of course not the case! However, for mild depression and feelings of not belonging we would suggest MindSoothe Jr. to help counteract these very real and understandable feelings.
With correct treatment and understanding the future of a child with ADD/ADHD looks bright!
However misunderstood Einstein may have been in his early development, according to "A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History" Einstein is now seen as "the greatest scientist of the twentieth century and one of the supreme intellects of all time."
It was rumored that a teacher had once commented of Albert Einstein, that he would ‘never amount to anything’!