We deliver to your door!
Green Immune-Boosting Vegan Soup Recipe
We all know that the immune system is critical for fighting off infection and keeping us healthy! Many people take daily supplements to keep up with their immune system's needs, but did you know that you can also boost your immune system with a healthy lifestyle and nutritious diet?
Diet and nutrition play a huge role in health; this is where the saying "you are what you eat" stems from! Make your best effort to ensure that you and your family follow a balanced and healthy diet! We're going to share with you a gluten-free, vegan immune-boosting green soup that is super simple and quick to make. The best part is that it can be enjoyed by the whole family, kids included!
This specific recipe was sourced on simpleveganblog.com and written by Iosune, a recipe developer, write and author of Simple Vegan Meals and Simple Vegan Smoothies CookBooks. This soup can be enjoyed at any time, but is especially great during flu season or when you're sick. Potently nutritious and deliciously enjoyable!
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Total: 25 mins
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped leek
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (60 g)
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped (180 g) - don't use the stem
- 3 handfuls of fresh kale or spinach (60 g)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth (750 ml)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- The juice of half a lemon
- Place all the ingredients in a pot, except the nutritional yeast and the lemon juice.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, add the yeast and the juice and blend until smooth.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and add your favorite ingredients on top. Iosune recommends using pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and almond flakes as toppings. Her family usually eats this soup with pasta (optional).
If you have any question, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE health advice. We always love hearing from you!