We deliver to your door!
5 Raw Honey Face Mask Recipes (and skin benefits!)
Five raw honey face masks for different skin types
Did you know that you don't have to spend a fortune on skin care products to get beautiful, healthy skin? That's right, you can use affordable items which you probably have in your kitchen already! Honey is one of the best products to incorporate into your skin care routine, and can be used on every single skin type! You can use is as a natural exfoliator, moisturiser, cleanser, rejuvenator, acne control, and more! Honey is a great complement to any skin care routine.
We're going to guide you through how YOU can use honey to achieve picture perfect skin. This article will focus on using honey as a face mask, although there are way more ways to use honey as well. Read on to find out about the skin care miracles you can achieve with honey, plus we're giving you five different honey face mask recipes, using simple ingredients!
Benefits of using honey as a face mask
There are various wonderful benefits of using raw honey as a face mask. You’ll get the most benefits using raw, unfiltered and unheated honey - honey that has undergone processing and heating loses its medicinal potency. Processed honey can also contain additives and preservatives that may be bad for your skin.
Honey can improve your skin health in the following ways:
- Antimicrobial: Honey balances and reduces the amount of microbes on your skin - great for acne!
- Exfoliant: Raw honey removes dry, dull skin and reveals new, healthy skin cells underneath.
- Antioxidant: Raw honey combats harmful free radicals that damage and age your skin - very rejuvenating!
- Humectant: Raw honey draws in moisture from the air leaving your skin moisturised and hydrated.
- Healing: Raw honey helps to heal chapped lips, acne, wounds, blemishes, scars, minor burns and bites.
- Balances oily skin.
Best honey face mask recipes
It's important to mention that honey alone can be used as a face mask (additional ingredients are not absolutely necessary), and it works well on all skin types! We've incorporated additional ingredients into the five honey face mask recipes to give you more targeted honey face masks for different skin types and skin conditions:
Glowing Honey Mask
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Unprocessed Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Honey mask for Oily Skin
- 1 teaspoon Unprocessed Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with 'the Mother')
- 1/2 teaspoon Non-Irradiated Turmeric Powder
Moisturising Honey Mask
- 1 tablespoons Unprocessed Raw Honey
- 1/4 mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons crushed (powdered) almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Oil
Multipurpose Honey Mask
Honey Face Mask for Acne
The following method applies to all face mask recipes:
- Cleanse your skin
- Apply a warm face cloth over your face to open up your pores (this allows for optimal penetration of the ingredients into your skin)
- Apply the honey mask and leave on skin for at least 20 minutes
- Rinse the mask off with warm water
- Apply Rose Water as a toner
- Apply one of these pure facial oils as a natural, protective and healing moisturiser
- Show off your beautiful, glowing and healthy skin to the world!
If you have any question, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE health advice. We always love hearing from you!