We deliver to your door!
Is your hair falling out? Do your nails break easily? We can help the natural way!
Hair Falling Out? Nails Breaking? We can help the natural way!
PLUS we have some amazing DIY hair masks for you to make and use at home – so read on!
We are all so unique! Our body make-up can be quite different to a friend who seems to have much better looking locks and nails. If your medical practitioner has confirmed that you seem to be lacking certain essential vitamins and minerals then this could cause hair loss and breaking nails. For example, a lack of iron in your diet tends to lead to brittle nails and a lack in Vitamin D could be causing your hair loss. Sometimes simple food additions and supplements can quite easily boost these areas of concern.
At Feelgood Health we would like to share some supplement information, foods & DIY hair masks that could play an important role in you having naturally beautiful hair & nails!
Which vitamin supplements can help with hair loss and brittle nails?
Hair loss or thinning hair can be caused due to a number of reasons.
- By adding Solgar Vitamin D3 to your diet you will naturally boost a Vitamin D deficiency that could be causing your hair to break and fall out.
- Iron deficiencies usually result in nails that appear to be brittle and break easily. We suggest you try adding Solgar Gentle Iron to your diet. Most iron supplements can make one feel constipated - however, this particular kind will not do this.
- Another common cause for breaking and splitting nails is could also mean a zinc deficiency. Solgar Chelated Zinc can also be added to your diet if this is the case.
- For strong bones, strong teeth, strong nails, and strong hair — calcium does it all! You can add Solgar Calcium Magnesium & Boron to your daily supplement intake.
Which tissue salts help with hair and nails?
Tissue salts are a wonderful addition to help enhance your skin, hair & nails.
- By adding AllisOne Beauty Synergy to your diet you will naturally enhance the appearance of your skin, hair & nails. AllisOne Tissue Salts are vegan & vegetarian friendly and also suitable for diabetics (lactose & sugar free).
All diets should include a multi-vitamin supplement
- By adding Solgar V2000 multi-vitamin to your diet you can also add essential vitamins and minerals that are often lost in today’s food due to food processing.
Which conventional hair & nail products can be replaced with natural products?
- Hair Dye - Many of us dye our hair right? Most hair dyes contain harsh chemicals that stunt hair growth and can cause permanent damage to your hair. By using a natural hair dye like Love my Hair you can avoid your hair and body being exposed to harsh toxic chemicals.
- Natural hair shampoo - One of the biggest gifts you can give your hair is natural hair shampoo that is pure and chemical free. Treemendous Tea Tree Shampoo will clean your hair beautifully and with added tea tree essential oil, your scalp will also be nourished - in turn naturally stimulating the growth of your hair.
- Hand sanitiser has become a health necessity these days. By using a natural chemical free hand sanitiser like Absolute Organix Waterless Hand Sanitiser you can help eliminate the intense chemical exposure of conventional hand sanitisers to your nails and mother earth in general!
- Natures Beauty Blessing for hair & nails – Tree of Life Argan Oil. This nourishing and healing oil is excellent for skin, hair & nails. It will naturally strengthen and heal broken nails, cuticles and hair that needs TLC.
Natural remedy for scalps prone to dandruff
- Earthtribe Neem oil has anti-viral, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties making it an excellent natural anti-dandruff treatment. It also increases micro-circulation allowing it to support healthy hair growth, reduce hair thinning and hair loss.
Foods that are high in essential vitamins and minerals required to boost hair and nail growth
If your hair is naturally quite frizzy Crede Coconut Oil can help naturally reduce frizz because it contains proteins that are essential to revitalize damaged hair. Apply a pea size amount between your fingers and apply it to the ends of your hair to keep it shiny and frizz-free.
DIY Hair masks can naturally improve the condition of your hair
Coconut Oil Overnight Hair Growth Treatment
Crede Coconut Oil – 1-2 Tbsps
Apply a warm mixture of coconut oil and lavender essential oil on scalp at night. Massage the oil for about 10 mins to will increase blood circulation. Use a shower cap, or old t-shirt to cover your head and wrap it up so that your hair is completely covered. Leave it on overnight and then wash and rinse your hair the next morning. You may repeat this as frequently as you want until you see your desired results. Coconut Oil along with essential oil is one of the most effective natural treatments for extremely damaged, over processed, heat styled hair.
Nourishing Hair Mask with Argan Oil, Coconut Oil & Honey
1 teaspoon of Crede Organic Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of Tree of Life Argan Oil
1 teaspoon of Crede Organic Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon of Mac’s Orange Blossom Honey
3 drops of Soil Organic Lavender Essential Oil
Mix ingredients in a bowl until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
Dampen hair slightly and then apply hair mask to your ends or any dry parts of your hair (best to skip applying to your scalp, unless you suffer from a dry scalp).
Leave on for 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
Wash out with Treemendous Natural Shampoo twice to avoid having oily ends (this will depend on how fine your hair is and if your ends are extremely dry).
Use once 1 to 2 times a week.
Baobab Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Ingredients & Directions:
Mix 1/3 cup of Earthtribe Baobab Oil with 1/3 cup of Crede Organic Olive Oil then add in 10 drops of an essential oil such as Soil Organic Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Lavender essential oil. Mix together thoroughly then place the mixture in a bowl of boiling water. Once hot, part and oil your scalp and then the length of your hair, massage your scalp thoroughly. Wrap a wet hot towel around your head and wait until cooled down then naturally shampoo and condition as usual.
To seal in moisture, squirt a few drops in your palm then rub together between your palms and apply to the length of your hair as a final step. Remember, a little goes a long way.
We hope that we have helped in your journey to having naturally healthier hair & nails. For any other questions you might have please do not hesitate to contact us at Feelgood Health. We are always happy to help and advise wherever we can!