We deliver to your door!
Meat-Free Vegan Meatball Recipe
Vegan Lentil Quinoa Hemp Seed Meatballs
These healthy, vegan, gluten-free meatballs are delicious and diverse; serve them covered in sauce, in spaghetti marinara, or on a saucy vegan meatball sub.
These delicious vegan meatballs are moist and spicy and are loaded with lots of protein, fibre and iron!
(You can make them completely oil free by baking instead of pan frying)
Makes: 14 meatballs
- 1 cup cooked red lentils, drained well
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 -3 tbsp hulled/shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp gluten-free cassava flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (for additional flavour, so if you don’t have or want it, feel free to leave it out)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs in a food processor to make your mixture, and pulse about 6 -8 times, until combined (don't overmix).
- Add the breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl and use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and use your hand to mould into a ball.
- Coat the vegan meatballs in the crumbs by gently pressing, rolling them into the crumbs.
Pan Fry Method: Add about 1 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil or ghee clarified lactose-free butter to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the vegan meatballs and cook, turning over every 30 seconds until golden and heated through.
Baked: Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Place meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Spritz lightly with cooking oil, if desired.
Add a few pinches of red pepper flakes for a spicy meatball!
Recipe sourced from www.feedingyourbeauty.com
If you have any questions about your pet, please contact our team or leave a comment below for FREE health advice. We always love hearing from you!