Tips to naturally alleviate symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome)
It is estimated that 90% of females experience a condition called premenstrual syndrome (PMS). PMS is characterised by hormonal changes in females, just prior to menstruation, that trigger various symptoms such as moodiness, bloating and cramps - just to name a few! Mild PMS symptoms may last a day or two before menstruation, while other women experience severe symptoms which can sometimes last up to two weeks! For women who experience severe PMS, they're classified as having premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
PMS affects a woman's emotions, physical health and behavior. For some women, these symptoms may be slightly disruptive but manageable. Other women experience PMS to such an extreme that it can be emotionally debilitating and uncontrollable. Fortunately, managing PMS with natural remedies and lifestyle changes can help women control their various symptoms of PMS!
Symptoms of PMS
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF PMS
- Fluctuating emotions
- Abominable bloating
- Abdominal cramps
- Sensitive / sore breasts
- Food cravings (commonly for sweet things)
MORE SEVERE SYMPTOMS OF PMS (PMDD)
- Constipation / diarrhea
- Anger outburst
- Depression or feelings of hopelessness
- Social dysfunction
- Increased anxiety and/or panic attacks
- Lack of concentration
How to naturally alleviate symptoms of PMS
If you're looking for some natural ways to lessen your PMS symptoms, try these all-
- Exercise: Physical activity can lift moods and improve depression. It’s believed that endorphins ('happy hormones') help counteract some of the hormone changes that trigger symptoms of PMS. Exercising, and even just doing stretches, can also help with cramps and bloating.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables: Eating healthy foods in small portions throughout the day may help ease PMS symptoms. Meals, particularly ones high in carbohydrates or salt, can cause blood sugar swings and bloating, which could worsen PMS. View our range of plant-based organic foods >
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and sugar: Staying away from caffeinated or sugary products may make a difference in your mood because caffeine and sugar can increase anxiety and insomnia. Cutting down on alcohol may also be helpful because alcohol acts as a depressant.
- Stress management: Stress is known to increase PMS symptoms. The higher your stress levels are, the more erratic and uncontrollable your PMS mood swings are likely to be! Using meditation, yoga and other relaxation techniques has been found to be an effective way to manage PMS.
- Natural remedies specifically formulated for PMS: Many women find relief from their symptoms of PMS using natural remedies. Femalite is a 100% herbal remedy that treats symptoms such as mood swings, pre-menstrual depression, anxiety, bloating, tender breasts, cramps and headaches. For chronic depression / anxiety, view MindSoothe >
- Balance your hormones: If PMS is severe and comes with acne and painful periods, use Femalite together with our Don Quai. Don Quai helps to balance hormones and is a tonic for the female reproductive system.
More about Femalite
Femalite is formulated especially for women by our Clinical Psychologist. A therapeutic combination of herbs has been chosen to effectively treat and prevent all the major symptoms of PMS. Femalite contains concentrated medicinal extracts of three powerful herbs in therapeutic strength, to treat the most troublesome symptoms of PMS. Use Femalite for a few days before your period to help you feel wonderfully calm and say goodbye to bloating, sore breasts and mean mood swings!
Used for the first few days of your period, Femalite is also very effective in treating and preventing menstrual cramps (period pains). Because of its gentle yet effective action, Femalite may be safely used by adults, teenagers and even pre-teens!
What helps YOU get through symptoms of PMS? Lets us know in the comments below! :)
If you have any question, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE health advice. We always love hearing from you!