DIY Home Remedies: Anti-Dandruff Hair Masks
Do you struggle with a dry, itchy and flaky scalp? Anybody who struggles with this condition knows how frustrating it is to find the right cure! While there are many products that claim to fight dandruff, the chemicals in these products are often not good for your scalp or hair and may even make problems worse in the long run!
We've formulated 3 DIY hair mask home recipes that will help combat your dry scalp and dandruff. These recipes are super simple, and after a few applications, you're sure to see results!
Simple Coconut Oil Mask
- 3 tablespoons Organic Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- Heat coconut oil until it is slightly warm.
- Massage the warm coconut oil into your scalp with your fingertips for about 5 minutes.
- Once your whole scalp is covered, work the rest of the oil into your hair shafts.
- Leave the coconut oil in your hair for 30 minutes (or even as long as overnight).
- After the 30 minutes have passed (or the next day), wash the oil out with a mild sulfate-free shampoo like Treemendous Tea Tree Shampoo from Soil.
- 1-2 times a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask For Dandruff
- 1/4 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (With the Mother)
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine water and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle (preferably) or into a cup.
- Spritz the solution all over your hair and scalp and wait for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair.
- Twice a week.
Yogurt, Tea Tree Oil, And Neem Oil Hair Mask
You Will Need
For The Tea Tree Rinse
- 8-10 drops of Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil
- A cup of water
- Mix the ingredients until the yoghurt paste is smooth.
- Thoroughly apply it to your hair from the roots to the tips..
- Massage your scalp for about 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with Treemendous Tea Tree Shampoo an hour later.
- Add 8-10 drops of tea tree oil to a cup of water.
- Wash your hair in a final rinse with this mix.
- Once a week.
Looking for a conditioner that won’t cause dandruff but WILL improve the condition of your hair? Look no further than be.Bare Genie in a Bar!
If you have any health-related questions, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE advice. We always love hearing from you!