We deliver to your door!
How a face mask can detox YOUR skin PLUS FREE DIY FACE MASK RECIPES!
Weekly face masks should be a part of every woman (and man’s) skincare regime. Not only do face masks offer some much deserved pamper time but the health benefits of what they do for your skin are really important. We have put together some really fun DIY Face Mask Recipe ideas for you and also share with you natural ingredients that speak to your skin type!
A face mask can help your skin in the following ways:
- Our skin can become dry, especially in cooler climates – A face mask is able to naturally hydrate your thirsty skin!
- They tend to cleanse deep down into the pores of your skin
- They can balance out uneven skin tones
- Depending on ingredients used, they can tighten your skin by promoting natural collagen production
- Most importantly they detox your skin by drawing out unwanted toxins and bacteria
Which ingredients work for different skin types?
Different natural ingredients work their magic in various ways. Have a look below and remember to consider using appropriate ingredients in your natural face mask that will benefit your skin type. The below mentioned ingredients can be added to natural plain organic yoghurt. No mess no fuss! Just pure natural healthy skin food!
- Oily blackhead prone skin – Consider using ingredients like bentonite clay and activated charcoal. These ingredients tend to effectively draw out excess oil from the skin. You could also add some organic oats to the mixture. Oats tend to also naturally absorb oil from the skin
- Dull dry skin – It is a very good idea to add organic turmeric to your face mask. Turmeric should only be left on the skin for not more than 10 minutes. It is really effective at brightening up the skin but it can stain hence the 10 minute rule when applying it. You can also add some coconut oil to gently moisturise dry skin or a teaspoon of BaoCare Baobab Radiance
- Acne prone skin – Honey is your number 1 ingredient for acne prone skin. With its natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties it is sure to heal your skin. Add a teaspoon of BaoCare Baobab Acne Skin Care
- Redness and inflammation – Some of us tend to have skin that is super sensitive and often appears red and inflamed. Using a tablespoon of aloe gel will help soothe sensitive skin. You can also add a teaspoon of BaoCare Eczema Skin Care
- Acne scars – Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother!) and aluminium free baking soda is great at helping to fade scars from problem acne you might be carrying with you from your youth! A teaspoon of BaoCare Tissue Oil added to your facemask will help to fade scars and blemishes left on the skin by acne.
How are your gut and skin connected?
It is important to always look at the holistic picture when it comes to skincare. As much as facemasks can benefit your outer appearance of your body, you also need to look after your inner body. The skin and gut are directly connected. Diets that are filled with unrefined sugars, carbohydrates, vast amounts of alcohol and heavily processed oils can easily wreak havoc with your gut and lead to all kinds of health issues like leaky gut syndrome and candida. The way these kinds of health issues can manifest themselves is when you experience frequent breakouts and skin flare ups.
How you can take care of your inner body to help prevent skin breakouts
- Replace unrefined sugar with Pure Honey or Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar. These are much healthier sugar alternatives
- Try replacing conventional cooking oils with healthy cooking oils – Choose from our selection of Crede Organic Olive Oil, Crede Sesame Oil, and Virgin Coconut Oil – CLICK HERE for some recipes using our delicious healthy oils!
- Skin Dr is homeopathic help for eczema & psoriasis. It can help with treating the symptoms and underlying issues of psoriasis and eczema
- AllisOne Beauty Synergy Tissue Salts can help enhance skin, hair & nails of all ages and conditions. It supports elastic tissues, collagen and the connective tissues. It can also help restore balance and counteract skin blemishes, dryness, itchiness or oiliness. These tissue salts are vegan and vegetarian friendly (lactose and sugar-free)
- Detox your body regularly to cleanse and remove unwanted toxins with Detox Drops and replace unhealthy beverages with our Organic Yogi Detox Tea with Lemon – YUM!
Now for the exciting part – Some DIY Face mask Recipes using some of our favourite natural ingredients!
What you need for your DIY Honey, Baobab, Avocado, Coconut Oil Face Mask:
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon BaoCare Baobab Oil (you can choose from Tissue Oil, Radiance, Eczema Skin Care or Acne Skin Care)
- 1/4 Fresh Organic Avocado
- On a very low heat melt the coconut oil and put into a bowl
- Pour the honey into the bowl. Stir until the two ingredients are combined
- Add the teaspoon of BaoCare Baobab Oil
- Add the avocado to the honey, BaoCare and coconut oil mixture and mash it up together
- Let the face mask stand for 15 minutes to allow the coconut oil to start to slightly harden.This will make it easier to spread on your face!
- Wash your face with a warm washcloth to open up the pores (we recommend Pradiance Face Wash)
- Smooth the face mask all over your face
- Let the face mask stay on your skin for 20 minutes, then rinse it off using warm water
- After the mask is rinsed away, splash cool water on your face to close your pores
- Gently pat skin dry and enjoy your amazing bright and radiant skin!
- Store any extra mixture in a container in your fridge for up to a week
DIY Recipe for Moringa Powder, Organic Yogurt and Raw Honey Face Mask Recipe
Did you know: Moringa is extremely high in antioxidants. Moringa contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E! It is a great natural ingredient for your face mask (and favourite smoothie)!
- Add 1 tablespoon of Moringa Powder, Yoghurt and Raw Honey together and mix until a smooth paste is formed
- Spread the face mask evenly over your face and leave it on for approximately 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with slightly warm water
- Now show your beautiful face to the world ☺
For those of you who prefer a ready made organic face mask, you can’t go wrong with Pradiance Natural & Organic Exfoliating Clay Mask!
As you can see there is much that the imagination can come up with in the face mask world. By combining a weekly face mask, a healthy eating plan, drinking plenty of water and looking after your body just as well from the inside you can also have glowing, radiant and healthy looking skin all year round!
We hope we have helped you understand just how a natural face mask can benefit your skin. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help!