Easy DIY recipe ideas for salad dressing & smoothies using healthy seed oils
Some oils can have a slightly overwhelming taste on their own. It is a nice idea to reap all the health benefits from these amazing oils by incorporating them into smoothie & salad dressing recipes. It is also another way of getting your, not so keen family, to start to enjoy them in everyday foods!
1. Basic Asian Salad Dressing Recipe with Crede Organic Sesame Oil
The below is a standard basic Asian salad dressing. You can get as creative as you like by adding garlic, thyme, oregano, basil or any other herbs and spices that tickle your taste buds.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Crede Organic Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Crede Organic Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Mac’s Raw Honey
- Place ingredients in a recycled jar and shake well
- You can add as much salt, pepper and honey to your dressing as you like – the sky is the limit! However, simple is safe, as you don’t want to discourage others from eating your amazing dressing with too much salt for example
- You can keep this dressing for up to 3 weeks in the fridge
- Do enjoy and share with your friends!
Did you know? Sesame seeds contain magnesium which has anti-cancer properties. They also contain an anti-cancer compound called phytate
2. Strawberry and Banana Coconut Oil Smoothie Recipe
One way of getting coconut oil into your beautiful body (if not cooking with it) is to add it to your favourite smoothie blend. Smoothies are great because you can add any fruit and Superfoods you like and can either use normal cow’s milk, almond milk or plain yoghurt – you decide!
- 1 cup almond, coconut or cow’s milk (water works too amd makes a lighter smoothie)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen banana
- 1/2 tablespoon Crede Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup plain organic yoghurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of your choice of Superfoods (optional but highly recommended for super-nutrition!)
- Blend all of the above for about 1 – 2 minutes in your smoothie blender
- You can also add some Mac’s Raw Honey if you enjoy sweeter tastes – it is up to you
- Remember to make enough because there are sure to be some that WILL be asking for seconds!
Did you know? Coconut Oil has been shown to improve digestion and increase gut health. Coconut oil helps the body absorb fat-soluble vitamins, calcium, and magnesium, and destroys bad bacteria.
3. Flaxseed Oil Fruit Smoothie Recipe
As we become more familiar with the benefits of flax seed oil, we realise just how amazing and beneficial this oil can be to us! Despite having an incredibly high omega-3 content, this wonder oil also aids many other common health conditions like eczema, heart health issues, helps fight cancer and can also aid poor digestion.
Ingredients & Instructions:
- Prep your favourite fruit or veggies – grapes, banana, kale, apple, berries
- Add two tablespoons of Crede Organic Flaxseed Oil and blend for 1 – 2 mins
- Add your base liquid – 1 cup of milk, water, coconut water or yoghurt. You can add more than 1 cup depending on how much you are making and also if you enjoy a thicker blend of smoothie
- Blend again for a further minute or until the smoothie is how you like it ☺
- Voila – Enjoy!
Did you know? Although you can cook with whole flaxseeds, it is not recommended to cook with flaxseed oil. Studies have shown that oils high in essential fatty acids, such as flaxseed oil, should not be heated. Heat can turn the healthy fats into harmful ones.
We hope you enjoy trying out our recipe suggestions. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help you in the best possible natural way.