The wait is finally over and summer has arrived! Imagine those hot summer nights, beaches, walks & swims in the ocean! As much as summer is the time for outdoor fun and play, we cannot forget about our skin and the toll the hot summer rays can have on it. Luckily, if we take the right precautions, we can enjoy the summer and still have natural, glowing skin!.
Tips to keep your skin glowing and looking great throughout summer
- Use a natural and organic face wash and day cream. The hot days can cause your skin to become clammy and oily. In order to keep the healthy balance of oils and to not completely dry your skin out, we recommend using a face wash and day cream, for your particular skin type, that contains no nasties like parabens, petrochemicals, SLS or any artificial colours or fragrances.
- Never forget natural sunscreen. Most conventional sunscreens contain toxic chemical fillers like oxybenzone, avobenzone, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate and octinoxate. Rather use a mineral based sunscreen like the Sunumbra range of sunscreen products. An added benefit is that Sunumbra is Coral Reef Friendly and does not harm the environment or the ocean coral like synthetic sunscreens do. Your sunscreen should be applied to all parts of your body that are exposed to the sun at least twice a day. As great as a summer tan looks, it is not worth the amount of long term damage it does to your skin resulting in premature aging, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Add lots of antioxidant rich foods to your diet. Foods that are rich in antioxidants are pineapples, berries, citrus fruits and leafy greens. Antioxidants add essential vitamins and nutrients to your skin that that boost collagen production, reduce inflammation, and protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun.
- Hydrate, hydrate hydrate! If you feel thirsty so does your skin! Make sure you always have a bottle of fresh water in close reach.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly. Your skin works hard during the summer time to keep itself protected from sunburn. You can help it by exfoliating and speeding up the removal of dead skin cells to make way for new ones. This process in itself makes your skin look more healthy, radiant and less dry & wrinkly. Use Pradiance Natural and Organic Exfoliating Clay Mask for a fresh and glowing skin!
- Take cooler showers. Hot water tends to dehydrate the skin while cooler water keeps your skin pores unclogged and prevents acne breakouts. It is also much more refreshing don’t you think? Keep your skin nicely moisturised. Be sure to use a natural cream on your body that will keep your skin looking supple and hydrated. Raw, unrefined Shea Butter is a wonderful natural moisturiser that protects and nourishes the skin. High in vitamins A & E it heals and prevents aging. It can also be used regularly to improve skin conditions, in particular eczema, psoriasis, rashes, stretchmarks and dry & cracked heels, knees and elbows.
- Make sure you always have your jar of organic coconut oil on hand. Due to the high content of natural saturated fats in coconut oil, many coconut oil lovers claim that it helps soothe and cool down sunburned skin and also helps relieve the symptoms of sunburn like itchy and peeling skin!
- Night time is the time for summer skin to rest and recover! Before going to bed, apply BaoCare Organic Tissue Oil or BaoCare Radiance for over 40’s. Not only will you give your skin the chance to recover and retain the summer glow, but you will also be feeding and nourishing your skin, preventing wrinkles or blemishes! Your skin will definitely thank you!
We hope we have helped offer you some useful summer skin tips! For any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us!