Recipe: Tasty Seafood Treats for Your Pet's Arthritis
Arthritis is a major concern for many pets. The good news is that there are various ways to prevent your pet from developing arthritis (or prolong the onset), and there are natural and safe ways to treat it!
One of the easiest (and yummiest) ways to prevent or help treat your pet's arthritis is with this Seafood Treats for Pets recipe. This specific recipe contains ingredients that help decrease inflammation, reduce pain, improve the immune system, support digestive functioning and improve the skin and coat!
These healthy and tasty treats are suitable for all pets, including horses!
What you will need
- 1 1/2 cups of Cassava Flour (gluten-free flour)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed or pureed unseasoned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can finely chopped or pureed unseasoned sardines/anchovies packed in water (drained)
- 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Kelp Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Pure Devil's Claw Powder
- Sprinkle of Non-Irradiated Turmeric Powder
- Raw sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Omega Fish Oil
- 1 teaspoon Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Powder
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl, mix rolled oats and flour together.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until you have a dough texture.
- Knead dough and using a rolling pin, roll to just about over half a centimeter thick (add flour if dough is too sticky).
- Cut into pieces and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place tray in oven and bake until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
- Allow to cool before feeding to your pet.
These treats freeze really well. Store in an airtight container. Feed one per day!
You may be interested in..
If you have any health-related questions, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE advice. We always love hearing from you!