Recipe: Frozen Watermelon Summer Dog Treats
Hello summer and hello thirsty, hot dogs! We've got you sorted with these frozen homemade treats which are not only oh so delicious, but oh so cooling AND hydrating!
These Frozen Watermelon Dog Treats are natural and healthy, and best of all, super easy to make at home! All you need is a watermelon (deseeded), parsley and an ice cube tray. If you want to be fancy, you can also use silicon moulds in cute shapes, or ice cube trays in cute shapes!
Your dog is 100% going to be wagging their tail once they get a taste of these treats. Watermelon is highly adored by canines (especially in hot weather) because they are not only tasty, but they're made up of 90% water and jam packed with vitamins and minerals!
- Chop and puree some parsley
- Add a thin layer of the parsley puree into the bottom of the ice tray/mould and freeze for about an hour
- Optional: add a thin layer of Greek yoghurt above the layer of parsley for special effect, and freeze for another hour
- Blend watermelon (after removing the seeds)
- Remove ice tray/mould from freezer and fill it to the brim with the blended watermelon
- Freeze again for about 5 hours
Recipe credit goes to Milkshake The Pink Pug - www.milkshakethepug.com
If you have any health-related questions, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE advice. We always love hearing from you!