Lentils (Brown) | Organic At Heart
Organic At Heart 100% Certified Organic Brown Lentils (500g) are the perfect choice to add to your favourite soups, stews and soups (or use cold in salads). Earthy, nutty and yummy - these plant protein legumes are super-healthy and highly recommended!
- Scrumptious, plump whole, un-split brown lentils with a rich, nutty earthiness and unique umami flavour
- Extremely versatile and works well in cold dishes (summer salads), hot meals (soups, stews), and at room temperature as a side dish with lemon and herbs
- Fabulous nutritional profile - high in fibre and protein - qualifies as a complete plant protein (cholesterol-free, Low-GI and sodium free too)
- Cooks quickly and retains their shape
- Certified Organic with no 'nasties', free of GMO's, pesticide-free and preservative-free. Gluten-free, safe for patients with celiac and other gluten-related issues, vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Did you know? One serving of lentils boasts nearly half as much protein as a serving of pork!
100% Certified Organic Brown Lentils
How to use
No need to soak lentils - simply place 1 part lentils with 2 parts water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer without the lid for 15 - 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Note: After opening, store in a cool, dry place.
Tip: For a delightful twist, try curried lentils with your favourite curry spice, yoghurt and cucumber. Lentil lasagne is also to-die-for!
Why we love Organic At Heart
When it comes to trusted, organic freshness, look no further than Organic At Heart. Grown out of a need for fresh, sustainable, 'no nasties' produce, we love that this brand is committed to bringing the kiss of Mother Nature to your table with only the freshest produce for your family.
This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.