DIY Hair Mask Recipes!
Summer can mean sun, waves, beach and lots of swimming – in short, lots of fun! However, all of this can also cause a downward spiral for your hair with all the sunshine, sweat, sand and salt! The good news is that you needn’t spend money on expensive hair treatments to put the bounce back into your hair. By applying these DIY natural summer hair treatments, your hair can look and feel amazing all through summer!
Our DIY hair mask recipes are basic, but see our tips below – add these ingredients for more healthy hair benefits!
DIY hair mask recipe – DRY hair
DIY hair mask recipe – PH Balancing
After shampooing with Treemendus Tea Tree Shampoo rinse your hair with ¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice mix. Leave the ACV lemon juice mixture on your hair for approx. 10 minutes, rinse with cool water – do not add conditioner.
DIY hair mask recipe – GROWTH stimulating
Whisk 1 organic egg, 3 drops Rosemary essential oil and 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil together. Apply the mixture to your hair and massage into your scalp. Leave on for approximately. 30 minutes, then rise and shampoo using Treemendus Tea Tree Shampoo.
DIY hair mask recipe – REPAIRING
In a blender, combine 1 organic banana and 1 tablespoon organic raw honey together. Apply the banana honey mixture to your hair, focusing on the ends of your hair. Leave on for approximately. 20 minutes, rinse, shampoo and style as usual!
Hair Health TIPS!
- Carrier oils come with amazing hair health benefits. Choose from our wide selection and add a few drops to your above hair mask recipe!
- Avocados are great to add to your favourite hair mask recipe! Avocados are rich in fatty amino acids that help coat your hair and help it retain its natural moisture. They are also rich in vitamins A, B6, D, and E, and minerals like copper and iron which help nourish your hair and scalp. This also helps promote healthy hair growth!
- Lavender, peppermint, rosemary, clary sage and cedarwood essential oils are great at helping hair that battles to grow or for addressing hair loss. Just add a few drops to your favourite basic hair mask recipe above
- Lemongrass and tea tree essential oil are both great for treating dandruff!
- Ylang-ylang oil is ideal for those with dry scalps, as it can stimulate sebum production. A lack of oil and sebum causes hair to become dry and brittle. Ylang-ylang can improve hair texture and reduce hair breakage
- To give your hair an amazing boost from the inside, remember that a healthy diet and lots of fresh water can make all the difference! You can also take a supplement specifically formulated to promote healthy hair growth – such as Solgar Skin, Nails & Hair!
Fun Hair FACT
Did you know? Rinsing your hair with cold water helps with closing your cuticle after your hair is washed. If you use cold water for your final rinse then there's a much better chance that your hair will stay shiny, healthy and frizz-free for a longer period of time ☺
We hope we have helped you with some easy DIY hair mask recipes that will be sure to improve the condition of your hair! For questions or comments please don’t hesitate to contact us!