Recipe: Chaga Chocolate Brownies
These Chaga Chocolate Brownies are the ultimate sweet treats for Christmas, birthday parties, Valentine's Day or any occasion. Even the kids will gobble them up, and the benefit is that these chunks of chocolatey paradise are actually healthy and pack a nutritious punch!
P.S. Don't tell the kids but this dessert is loaded with protein, antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and fiber. They will never be able to tell!Makes: 12
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup nut butter of your choice
- ⅓ cup sorghum flour/oat flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed + 3 tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoon Chaga Powder
- Pinch of salt
- Melted dark chocolate
- Malden salt (i.e., sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Blend the chickpeas, maple syrup, nut butter and flaxseed in a blender or food processor. Make sure the final consistency is smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend further.
- Place the mixture in a baking tray and place the baking tray on the oven's middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate when the brownie is almost cool.
- Cut the brownie into squares and top with melted dark chocolate and a pinch of salt.
- You can also get creative and add some crushed nuts as a topping, or even fruit!
Enjoy alone or with ice cream. Your guests will never guess that these brownies are made with so much healthy goodness!
Recipe sourced from Soaring Free Superfoods.
If you have any health-related questions, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE advice. We always love hearing from you!