Your mouth is exposed to many different things on a daily basis.Think about all the food and drinks that you decide to put into it every day! If you are a smoker then you are constantly putting cigarettes into your mouth (with all kinds of harmful chemicals!). Your fingers touch everything and have all kinds of living bacteria on them and you will be amazed how many times a day your fingers touch your mouth! Even just the air you breathe in these days contains all kinds of germs from pollution! It makes perfect sense that your mouth could be a breeding haven for all kinds of nasties to manifest themselves! This in turn can become something that is called halitosis – more commonly known as bad breath. Bad breath can have a number of causes, including digestive problems, poor dental hygiene, gum disease, allergies, candida, dry mouth, some medications - even ear, nose and mouth infections. Natural mouthwashes and toothpastes are great at eliminating bacteria and bad odour from your mouth. That includes the pasta you ate for dinner that had loads of garlic in it! However, different long term tastes in your mouth could mean more serious health issues like gum disease and others that we will discuss below.
Mouth tastes and what their common meanings could mean for your health!
- A mothball taste your mouth could mean that you are suffering from bad allergies or post nasal drip. We recommend using Mucous-Clear, AllergiClear and SOS-Histadrops to address allergy issues and trapped mucous that could be stuck in your throat causing your breath to smell bad. Silverlab Colloidal Silver Nasal Spray is also excellent to use to combat and prevent nasal congestion, allergies and hay fever and will help to eliminate odour-causing bacteria that could cause bad breath..
- A fruity taste could mean that the sugar in your blood is not converting to energy. The cells in your body could start converting fat to energy. The by-product of this process is ketones. Ketones can make your breath smell and taste more fruity.
- A sour milk taste in your mouth could mean that you are lactose intolerant and your body is unable to breakdown the protein found in dairy.
- A stinky dirty nappy taste could mean that you have a tonsil stone or infected tonsils. Tonsil stones are formed when bacteria from food gets stuck in your tonsils and becomes rotten. A doctor is usually able to easily remove the tonsil stone with a swab. To treat common tonsillitis naturally we recommend using Throat & Tonsil Dr.
- If your breath truly smells like a rotting rat it could mean that you have developed a very bad lung infection like pneumonia or even more serious you could have lung disease!
As you can see from the above, the core roots of what is causing your bad breath could mean more serious health issues which would need to be addressed first before just masking bad breath with some breath mints!
Taking care of your oral hygiene naturally on a daily basis is essential for healthy living. Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic method using coconut oil, known for its powerful antibacterial properties. It pulls and draws out harmful bacteria, not just from your mouth but your entire body too. Try our 15 day Oil Pulling Cocobaci Detox Programme and see for yourself!
We hope we have helped you figure out what could be causing your bad breath. For any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help and advise the best and most effective natural ways to help you care for your health!